Thursday, April 05, 2007

My Hubby the Chef & The Apple Incident

When I go grocery shopping I always ask Paul if he has any requests or wants anything different. I just started back on Weight Watchers and made my list based upon what I needed for my diet, but I definitely didn't want to leave Paul out. Although he is really good about eating what I fix...usually. Anyway, back on topic, he said he wanted me to get a big salmon fillet. So, I found what I thought looked pretty fresh and brought it home. I truly had no clue how to fix it, so Paul said he wanted to try. He marinated it in lemon juice, poured on some capers, and put some butter on (don't worry, this butter is the fat free kind that WW allows :o) He wrapped it in foil and put it on the grill. It only took a few minutes on each side, and, to tell the truth, it was really good. I tend to worry a little when it comes to Paul and the grill...he tends to go a little over the top sometimes. What is it with a man and his grill? I guess I should stop worrying because whatever he is grilling usually turns out pretty good! Good job on the salmon babe--it was yummy!

On to the next topic. After leaving Gracie Claire at the table eating her lunch for just a second (yes, I know it only takes them a second) I came back to the kitchen to find that she had reached up on the counter into the fruit basket, grabbed a couple of apples, and chomped right into both of them. I couldn't bring myself to punish her for this since I was the one that left her unsupervised in the kitchen...for just a second. Oh well!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Mmm, I love salmon! That sounds great! I think every child has some fascination with taking one bite out of every item of food. Pretty funny!

Kendra said...

I think your little Gracie Claire is going to have a special talent. It's one that I claim - being able to "carve" a face into an apple with your teeth! Isn't that a GREAT talent! I impress my children with it often, especially when I can make ears stand out from the head. (Maybe Gracie Claire should keep it to one apple at a time, though, huh?! he!) I love 2 year olds!