Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Gracie Claire Turns 5


Gracie Claire turned 5 on February 14th. I know everyone says it, but I really can't believe it! It seems to go by faster and faster each year. Gracie Claire made me a Mommy and I can't express in words how much I love her! Here are just a few things about our awesome GC...
  • She is the MOST precious girl, so full of personality and a loving spirit!
  • She is definitely an actress, loves to pretend, loves all things dress-up, is a wonderful helper, has the MOST compassionate and generous spirit, and is a fantastic big sister.
  • One of the things she has decided to do this year is to give her hair to Locks of Love. As soon as I told her about Locks of Love and showed her the website, her response was, "Mommy, I want to give my hair to someone who needs it." This is a girl who loves having long hair and now can't wait to give it away.
  • She is constantly making cards to help others feel better, whether they're sick or just having a bad day.
  • She loves her friends and is constantly talking about them.
  • She loves to dance, sing, watch movies, and color.
  • She's starting to do a little reading (it's so hard for me not to push her as a teacher, but I don't want her to feel pressure...and I want her to love learning, and she does. Me pressuring her isn't the way. I could go off on a soapbox rant on this subject, but I'll leave that for another time.) She loves to write and is learning words and she goes. We sound them out together and it's amazing the understanding that she has.
  • She loves playing learning games on the computer and on my iPhone.
  • She adores her grandparents. She's had many a sleepover with them lately! :)
  • Her cousins, uncles, and aunts are some of her very favorite people.
  • She is beyond excited to be a kindergartener this fall. I, on the other hand, can get teary at the thought of it. Sigh...
Dear Gracie Claire,

Daddy and Mommy are beyond proud of our oldest daughter. You are growing into a little girl who is kind, generous, loving, and most importantly, loves Jesus. It makes us so happy when you tell us how you're practicing to be Jesus' best friend everyday. But, even more than Daddy and Mommy, it makes Jesus happy. He is your best friend and wants you to be His every single day of your life. The way you love people is amazing. You already have the ability to make a difference for Jesus. As you begin Kindergarten this year, you'll have even more of a chance to be a light to other people. The best thing that you can do is love people like Jesus loves you!

Thank you for being a wonderful sister. Your sisters love you so much and look up to you lots. We are so proud of who you are and who you are becoming! You are the BEST 5 year old there is!

Love you so much!

Mommy

No comments: