Tuesday, April 03, 2012

It's Only Tuesday?!?

I feel like this week is laughing at me as it slowly inches by.  It has been a crazy week so far.  We had a power outage at school yesterday for the majority of our day and then we had to take cover today because of tornadoes in our area.  We've been joking about what more could possibly happen this week!  We're praying for the next couple of days to be completely normal!

I've been a really bad blogger lately.  It's not that I don't have anything to post about.  It's that I'm beat when I get home and don't feel like doing much more than snuggling with my little ladies.  Speaking of them, they're as awesome as usual.  I love being their Mommy.  It's the best and most fulfilling job ever.

What other random things are going on around here, you ask?

This is too important to be called random...but, we celebrated my Mom's birthday last Friday night with a party at our house.  The whole family was here and we cooked out, laughed, and celebrated my awesome Mom.  The girls were so excited about the party.  They love their Gigi and I love my Momina!
I planted flowers!  Yes.  Me.  I planted flowers!  I've really wanted to do something to perk up our yard and so I bought some geraniums and begonias.  So far, so good!  I've been watering and making sure they are looking alive.  I love the way they brighten up the yard.
I signed the girls up for swimming lessons!  I can't believe it's already that time of year again!  We are almost 8 weeks away from the end of the school year.  It's amazing how fast it has flown by.  It's, as always, so bitter-sweet.  I'm always sad to lose my class, but so excited for their success!  I can't begin to tell you how weepy I can get thinking about Gracie Claire being a 2nd grader and Sydney being a Kindergartner.  It stirs up way too many emotions to even begin to list.  These two are hilarious.  Today they decided to give themselves beards with the soap suds after washing their hands.  Of course, they had to have their pictures taken.
I got some new Toms.  I heart them.  They're the ballerina flats.  I don't think they're as comfy as the originals, but they're not bad!  I've been wanting some leopard print flats for a while, so I was so excited to finally get these! 
We've been working on clearing out and organizing our garage for the last couple of weekends.  I loathe cleaning out the garage.  It's seriously one of the worst jobs ever if you have way too much stuff, but we sifted through it all and have success!  We're selling lots in a garage sale (more on that coming soon) and we've almost finished organizing.  Go us!
I got a new coffee mug from Anthropologie, thanks to my lovely MIL, Janice.  Isn't it cute?!  I love that store...it's just I'm too cheap to shop there.  Cute, cute things at ridonculous prices.  I will NOT pay much more than $20 for a shirt, let alone $98...or more!  But, I will happily drink my coffee in style.  :)
Paul got new glasses after wearing, what we lovingly refer to as "his glass" (glasses whose earpieces have been broken off) for several years.  They look very handsome on him.  We have an inside joke about how glasses fit his face, but he did good with these frames.  Anyways, the girls HAD to try on Daddy's glasses! :)  Sidenote:  Both Paul and I thought that Molly and Sydney look so much alike in this pic.  So crazy!
As Gracie Claire and I were leaving for school the other day, the sky was so cool.  I'm sorry (OK, no I'm not), but this kind of beauty did not just happen out of no where.  The Master Artist created this masterpiece. 
And let me just end this post with these 2.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having Gracie Claire at school with me during the day!  But, I sure do miss these two and love the time I get with them when I get home.  So thankful for silliness and snuggles!  Peace out, friends!

No comments: