Sunday, November 30, 2014

Day of Thanks 2014

Or Thanksgiving...but, that's just not as fun to say.

We had a great Thanksgiving day/week.  The girls and I were definitely ready for a school break!  We did lots of staying at home.  Loved it.

We hosted Thanksgiving at our house for my side of the family this year!  It was greatness!  I'm so thankful for all of them!
My favorites.  Oh, how I love them!

The kids all did a little something to make sure we remembered why we celebrate Thanksgiving.  Sam read a story he wrote about the first Thanksgiving.  Molly, Cassidy, and Dre all quoted a memory verse about being thankful.  Gracie Claire wrote and read a paper about what it means to be thankful and why it's important to be thankful.  Sydney read several verses of scripture about being thankful.  They loved being involved and it was a great memory made.  All of us went around the room and said something we were thankful for.  We went beyond the usual "family, friends, and each other" and talked about other ways we are thankful.  Kleenex was used.  It was greatness.  Again.
Love.
Lots of good food was had by all!

We went to Paul's mom's house Thanksgiving night and had another amazing meal with P's family!  The girls dressed up, I played with baby Graham, football was watched, and we ate and ate!  It was a fun time for everyone!  We are thankful that all of our family is close by! 
 Ready to chow down!
Graham & Aunt Amanda selfie!

Paul took Wednesday afternoon through the rest of the week off.  I love when he's at home with us!  After Thursday, we had a Friday morning at home and then went to see "Big Hero 6."  I knew nothing about this movie, except that it was kid friendly.  It was SO good!  I admit...I cried.  We loved it!
Cuties

As soon as we left the theater, we drove to pick up Paul's new wheels!  I'm so excited for him.  He has always gotten me the new car and now it was his turn!
P's New Ride

The weather has been super nice, so the ladies played outside most of the day Saturday while cleaned out the garage.  It's so clean and organized.  Still some to do, but so much better!  Saturday night we had a date night.  We went and ate downtown and then went to see "Mockingjay."  We were there an hour early and they were sold out!  I was so mad!  Instead, we went and had s'mores at one of our favorite restaurants.  
Super Yum!!

It was an awesome Thanksgiving 2014!

No comments: