Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter

I have to say that Easter has to be up there on my "Favorite Times of the Year List!" Growing up we always woke up in the morning, ran to the kitchen table to dig through our Easter baskets, and dressed up in our Easter outfits for church. My parents always made the most important part of Easter about Christ and His sacrifice for us. Now that I'm a parent, I understand the longing that they had for us to choose Jesus as the Lord of our lives. I can't wait for the day that Gracie Claire and Sydney say "YES!" to Jesus, for the day that we can tell them that the angels in Heaven are partying it up for them, and that the Father and the Son are even more proud of them than we, their earthly parents, could ever be! I'm so thankful that I can look forward to those moments and one day see them come to fruition. Thank you Lord for not forgetting Paul, me, and my girls, and for engraving us upon the palms of your hands.

I so love going to church on Saturday night! The Easter service they did was awesome! One of my favorite songs, which we sang on Saturday is, "For All You've Done." I have made a mess of so many things, and He is my Cleanser. He has patience for my learning curve. He traded places with US! How could my soul not explode with how wonderful His mercy is?!

Oh Cleanser of the mess I've made
Upon the hill our places trade
Stretched on a cross Your body crushed
By human hands You formed from dust

How wonderful Your mercy is
How awesome are Your ways
I come, I come to worship You
For all You've done

Oh cleanser of the mess I've made
Your boundless love for me portrayed
With patience for my learning curve
By holding back what I deserve

How wonderful Your mercy is
How awesome are Your ways
I come, I come to worship You
For all You've done

Oh cleanser of the mess I've made
With everything at Your feet laid
I watch as all my cares erode
And from my soul these words explode

How wonderful Your mercy is
How awesome are Your ways
I come, I come to worship You
For all You've done

If you haven't read Courtney's blog about Easter, you need to. She says it very well.

Our Family on Easter

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I love that song!

Kendra said...

Such a great song . .. there were so many that just brought me to the foot of the cross that night. So very good. Did I ever tell you that if Donny and I had ever had a girl, her name was going to be Sydney? Every time I see your little ones name on your blog it makes me smile! It's a precious name - you did good picking it! he!