Chicken Hats
Along with Germanfest comes Polka bands (yeah, I know...weird.) Along with Polka bands comes, "The Chicken Dance." People walk around Germanfest with chicken hats on their heads (yeah, I know...even weirder!) Anyways, one of the things that Paul's mom likes to do is stand at her gate and cheer on the people that take part in the bike rally, which is one of the activities that comes along with Germanfest. Usually, she wears a chicken hat while doing this. This year though, Gracie Claire and Parker, our nephew, wore the chicken hats. I have to say that Gracie Claire is the first person I've ever seen that still looks adorable, even while wearing a chicken hat.
As I was painting my toes last week, Gracie Claire became really intrigued with the whole process. Obviously she wanted her little toes painted too. Amazingly, she sat really still while I painted! She loves showing those cute little purple toes to anybody who will look!


5 comments:
Aren't little girls so fun? Hayley loves to get her toes painted too. I need to get some fun colors, like purple! And I liked your random blog! :)
Fun stories!! Sounds like a fun trip! Colby thinks it's cool to have his toe nails painted, too, but we can only do it when Daddy is out of town! he!
Love the purple toes! I can't wait until Ellie is old enough to do girly stuff like that!
How fun! I agree, Gracie Claire does look adorable with a chicken hat on her head!
Love the chicken hat!Gracie Claire looks really cute in it.... A quick chicken hat story. John Harwell, the creater of the chicken hat, went to the Philippines with us on a mission trip with the single pro's class about 7 years ago. He brought lots of chicken hats with him to hand out to the kids. I have several pictures of little Filipino kids wearing these hats. How great is that!
Post a Comment