Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Sydney Bear


I haven't updated on Sydney in a while, so here you go. She is 7 1/2 months old! (gasp!) Where does the time go? She is just the sweetest little thing ever. She does everything she can to keep up with her big sister and has been getting better and better at it. She is definitely more mobile than Gracie Claire was at this age. I wouldn't say she is full blown crawling yet, but you can definitely call it a caterpillar crawl. It's pretty cute to watch her make her way around the floor. She loves to cuddle (which I love as well) and when I go to get her up in the morning she wraps her little arms around my neck and squeezes so hard. There is nothing like a baby hug! She doesn't have any teeth yet. I keep thinking that there are some about ready to pop through, but nothing. She is constantly drooling and chewing on her hands or whatever she can get her hands on, but no teeth yet! It's too cute to see her little toothless grin though! She is a thumb sucker, which right now, I love! It's so precious to see her pop that tiny little thumb in her mouth. She didn't start this until around 4 months old and she's not constantly sucking on it. Just when she's getting tired or comforting herself. She laughs at almost everything that Gracie Claire does, which in turn, makes us laugh. Yesterday we were at the park and Sydney thought it was hilarious to watch Gracie Claire swing. Oh to be able to find the humor in every little thing! Something that I'm holding on to right now is the fact that she's a bit of a mommy's girl. When she's happy, she'll pretty much be content with anyone, but when she's upset, not feeling well, or tired, she only wants me. At times this can be a little inconvenient, but I know it's not going to last forever, so I'm trying to cherish the time that she's like this. She is completely perfect and precious! I SO love my Sydney Bear!

Sucking her thumb!

She loves playing on the floor with her sister. If I want a really good smile picture, that's usually the best time to get one!

Yeah, I'm chewing on my fingers. What's up?!

Just chillin'!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

She is so completely precious! Isn't it wonderful to see them take so much delight in their siblings?! I can't believe Sydney can already be that old!

Kendra said...

I love her. So sweet! Thanks for sharing, and yes, enjoy that sweet "Mommy's girl" time . . .it's a precious gift to ge the "one and only".

Lana said...

I enjoyed reading about your little cutie. I have a thumb sucker too. I'm glad I found your blog.

Jennifer said...

So cute! Thanks for your comments - I'm SO relieved to be done with our room! I'm still trying to figure out the whole blog thing. How do I add friends as links on my page?