- Sydney is a great sleeper. She has slept through the night since she was 6 weeks old and I've only gotten up with her once since then...and that was because she threw up. Not just because. Today she has been congested and tonight had a low fever. I can't tell if she has a cold coming on or if it's because of teething. (By the way, her two bottom teeth cut not two days after I wrote she was toothless.) Anyway, she has been up twice since I laid her down tonight, but I'm just soaking in getting to rock her and cuddle her. She will be 8 months in a couple of days and I want to soak every bit of her babyness (word?) in. I was switching out her clothes this week and seriously got teary as I was unloading one tub of 6-9 month clothes and loading another with 3-6 month clothes.
- We went through our first big injury crisis last weekend with Gracie Claire. We went to the Haltom/Richland football game Friday night and was enjoying every second of it. Gracie Claire cheered and clapped and even put her hand over her heart during the national anthem. She was especially looking forward to the halftime show. We had told her all about the band and the drill team and she was very excited about it. Right before halftime, she tripped over a bleacher and fell head first onto the concrete beneath it. The sound of her head hitting that concrete was that dull thud sound. Surprisingly, I didn't panic. I scooped her up thinking that she had busted her head open and checked her over. There was no blood, only a huge goose egg. My mom and I took her down to the first aid area and put ice on it right away. I think my mom being there had something to do with my ability to remain fairly calm. Isn't it amazing how we need our moms so much even when we're moms ourselves?! OK...I veered from the topic. We put the ice on, which was definitely much more traumatizing to Gracie Claire than the actual fall. I was cradling her, trying to comfort and hold the ice on at the same time. She looked up at me, while still crying, and asked, "Mommy, will you sing to me? Sing Jesus Loves Me?" That's when I almost lost it.
- Paul and I went to the Gary Chapman marriage conference at the church last weekend. Truthfully, I was a little weary about sitting for 5 hours listening to lecture. I have to say that it was the best 5 hours we've spent together in a long time. It was refreshing to do something to strengthen our marriage outside of our own wisdom. It was fun, full of Godly wisdom, and we learned so many practical things we could do together that are different than what we are already doing to strengthen our marriage. SO AWESOME!
I'm tired of typing so I'll share the pictures that I decided to add to the randomness of this blog.
Gracie Claire loves stickers. As a reward for good behavior at a store one day, she got to pick some to take home. She picked bug stickers. She decided to stick them all over her legs and loved every minute of it.
She has been really interested in the computer lately, so I showed her some fun websites that she could listen to stories on or play ABC games on. She loves it.
Uncle Caleb taught her how to give wet willies. This is her sliming the finger...
And this is her giving herself a wet willy! I promise that this wasn't staged. I promise!!
This picture is self-explanatory! She loves flying!
Sydney's not quite pulling up by herself, but she's full out crawling and pulling up to her knees...trouble is on the horizon! :o)
Her favorite thing right now is the Elmo chair. She crawls up to it and bounces up and down and giggles.
Paul was trying to change her diaper the other day and while holding her legs up, she decided to do an acrobatic roll. Her little bootie is too cute not to take a picture!!

2 comments:
That was a fun, random blog! We wanted to go to that conference and just didn't get it worked out. I'm glad it was good! We have loved doing things like that in the past.
I'm so glad Gracie Claire was okay! I totally agree about still needing Mom sometimes during a crisis!
Oh my word that is one cute little booty!!! How in the world did you capture that shot???
I love that not only did you buy GC stickers, but you let her stick them all over her self knowing that you would have to take them all off eventually. Good mama.
Fun random post. My heart kinda lurched the "mommy lurch" with your story about falling on her head. So thankful that a goose egg is all that was left behind!!
Post a Comment