Monday, February 04, 2008

Blow on My Hand

Surprise, Surprise! Gracie Claire is sick again. Poor baby!! It seems like once we get over one thing, another one sneaks up on us. Yesterday she had a fever of 102.8, so this morning I called and got in with our doctor's nurse practitioner. Something that she kept asking GC to do over and over was to blow on her (the nurse's) hand. I understood why the first couple of times, but after what seemed like the twentieth time, it became a little odd. Overall, it was a good visit except that we left with a prescription for an unknown virus (not unknown to the doctor...just to me) and a nebulizer (which she promised would be billed to our insurance...fingers crossed.) Gracie Claire did her first breathing treatment in the office and was quite the little trooper...at first. She was so still getting the little mask put on and waiting for the nice nurse to hook the tubes up, but once the nurse left, she freaked. Her words were (in a bit of a panicky voice,) "Mommy, I done with the disosaur!" (Spelling intentional.) My sweet girl has to do four breathing treatments a day for the next few days...should be fun!

What was Sydney doing throughout our little adventure, you ask? She was as happy as a bug as long as she had puffs to eat. I love you Gerber!

6 comments:

Shelly said...

Poor little Gracie Claire! I hope the treatments are going well. Clever idea to make the mask into a cute little dinosaur!

Hey, where did you get this blog template? It's so cute! I am wanting to transition to "cuter" and can't figure out how! You can email me your answer when you get a chance at shelmacat@yahoo.com

Thanks, Amanda!

Kristen said...

Do you carry a camera wherever you go?? I wish I had mine when we were having our doctor/hospital experience. :) Missed you today.

Anonymous said...

aawww, bless her heart

Jennifer said...

My blog is SO COOL!! Thanks so much for doing it for me! You are ridiculously talented. I love the way you've done your new page, too. (That's such a cute picture of GC with the "disosaur")

Haley said...

Poor baby, well I guess misery loves company, cami and I are oof to the doc in a little bit, she woke up last night with a hig fever, so we'll see! And how can I bribe you to do my page...I'm looking like the k-mart version of bloggville compared to everyone else!

Kristen said...

okay now....everybody is getting new blog pages....can I have one??