Thursday, March 27, 2008

Look At My "EarWings!"

Since Spring Break was last week, we got to hang out with my mom a bunch. On one of our outings we went to the mall and as we passed Claire's I was telling my mom how every time we come to the mall with Paul, I always try to talk him into getting Gracie Claire's ears pierced. It's not that he is or was against her having her ears pierced, it's just that he's not so good with sharp things being shoved through skin. And that's not just his own, it's anyones'. He just doesn't want to watch. So, my mom says, "Let's go do it now then." OK. So we swung the ginormous double stroller around and headed back to Claire's (which is almost too small to maneuver a ginormous double stroller through...if you've never tried it.) It was all in vain because Claire's said "NO." They only do it if they're 5 or over. So, with a disappointed Gracie Claire, we head back down the mall hall. The next place we stopped, with a bit of hesitation I must say, was "The Piercing Pagoda" which is right in front of NY&Co. I asked bunches of questions, the girl showed me her "piercing license" and we signed the paperwork. GC was thrilled! I sat on the little stool and held GC. The girl measured exactly where the holes would go, made the little marks, I checked them, and she loaded the guns. I was sure that Gracie Claire would shed a few tears. I held her arms with one of mine and her head with the other and the girl pierced each ear so fast that it was all over within 5 seconds. The only peep that GC made was a nervous laugh. When the girl showed her the mirror, she squealed with the best excitement! She loved it! For the past week she has said, "Look at my earwings!" to almost everyone she sees! So, an event that I thought might be a little bit stressful turned into one that was so fun! I love being a mom!!

3 comments:

Lori said...

what a brave gal!! I hope Annalee can do it that great some day!

Anonymous said...

That's a much better experience than I had. I went with my cousin and she said it hurt so bad, she wouldn't let them do the other ear. Took a week for my aunt to get her back there. By the way, great to see you tonight, your eyes were definitely smokin' :-)

Kendra said...

Cute!! she's much braver than I - I think i didn't get mine done until i was like in Jr. High or something. Big chicken!! BTW - I think this is one of my favorite blog page makeovers that I've seen on yours. cute!!