Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's Ridiculous...

how many pictures are going to consume this whole post. I'm definitely way behind, so I figured I'd catch up with one long picture post to sum up our summer so far.

End of School

Gracie Claire had a great first year of YCW. She loved every second of it and can't wait for the new year to start. She had two great teachers, made some new friends...one who has become her best friend, and learned lots of new things. This is GC with Mrs. Kristen on the last day of school. Mrs. Jennifer was also one of her teachers, but she wasn't able to be there that day! She loved them both!

Bowling

One of the first activities of our summer was going bowling with some good friends. This was GC's first try at bowling and she loved it!


Gracie Claire and Emmerson

Fossil Rim Wildlife Preserve

BigPa & Gigi (my parents) took GC to the Fossil Rim Wildlife Preserve to spend the day. She loved it and talked about it for a couple of days after. She was able to pet some of the animals and feed others. She LOVED it!



Feeding the Giraffe

Cookies With Daddy

Paul & Sydney had some Daddy/Daughter time one evening while having cookies and milk. Syd watched Paul's every move and did everything that he did. It was sweet!




Swimmin' Fun

We've had lots of fun swimming so far this summer. We definitely plan on being in the water a LOT more. Who wants to be inside during the summer? Probably most people in TX...but, the pool and a tan motivates me to get out. Aunt Gracie has a great neighborhood pool that we plan on visiting lots!



Father's Day

We had a great Father's Day this year! Saturday night we celebrated Paul with just the four of us and had a great time! Sunday we cooked out with my Dad for lunch and went out to eat with Paul's Dad for dinner. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful Dad's in my life! Paul is beyond anything I could have imagined as a Daddy! I'm so thankful that our little girls have a man like him to look to! My Dad is a wonderful Dad! I couldn't have been given a better Dad to learn from and love! Paul's Dad has been a wonderful father-in-law and a great Dad to Paul!



Making silly faces with Daddy!

Playing the organ at BigPa's and Gigi's!

Daddy's Day Nap Together

Gracie & Me with Our Dad

Father's Day Reading Time

Pretending to take a Daddy's Day Nap Together

Some Daddy's Day jamming on the electric guitar.

The Girls with BigPa

The Girls with PaPaw
(The girls were definitely pictured out by this point of the day! Instead of crying or throwing a fit, Gracie Claire makes crazy faces and Syd just refuses to look at the camera. Oh well, makes for a funny picture.)

Sam's Birthday

Our sweet nephew Sam turned one this past week and we loved being able to celebrate with the family and friends! Sam and Syd are exactly four months apart and it's amazing to watch how much they love each other already! GC loves being in on the action with them too. She's a good little mommy hen!



Couldn't resist getting a couple of pictures of my girls!


The birthday party was a cowboy/western theme and they'd set up a little area for pictures with hay bales, saddles, ropes, hats, etc. We tried our best to get some good pictures, but getting three little ones to look right at the camera all at the same time at the end of the day was pretty much impossible.



The Birthday Family

Summer Spectacular

Summer Spectacular is always spectacular, but I have to say that this year was the best yet! It may be because GC & Sydney loved every second or that I loved every second, or that Nkere and Gracie were such a huge part of the show. Didn't they do such an awesome job?! (In case you didn't know...Nkere (my brother-in-law) played Jonah and Gracie (my sister) was one of the dancers/company/back-up singers.) They did SO good and I was very proud of both of them! OK...enough of the bragging on the siblings. We were also so excited that we were able to bring our nephew Parker with us this year. Paul's brother, Jeremy, was able to come the first night and we were able to pick Parker up for the next couple of nights! He had a great time and we're so thankful his experience was so memorable!






The girls with "Pirate Gracie." Syd wasn't thrilled with GC.

Our nephew Parker and Paul's brother Jeremy

On the Way! (They're holding hands!)


Being Silly with Her Glow Stick

Gracie Claire with her BFF Claire and her friend Foy. So Much Fun!!

Nkere and Gracie performing. Gracie is the Palm Tree on the left!



Heading Home! Summer Spectacular was awesome!!

OK...if you made it this far, you're greatness!! Hopefully I'll be better about staying up to date!

9 comments:

emily anna said...

Great pictures! I love how GC poses for the camera... maybe she will be a super model one day! :) Are you busy tomorrow?

Jennifer said...

Um, wow! No WONDER I haven't seen you in weeks! You guys have been SUPER busy - I wouldn't be surprised if you were exhausted, little momma! Adorable pics.

Courtney said...

Nice recap work! Nkere and Gracie were awesome and we loved S.S. too! Glad you guys have been fun busy!

Summer said...

I didn't know that Nkere is your brother-in-law - is he married to your sister? That's neat - I knew him when he dated a friend of mine during college. He's a great guy.

Lana said...

Love all the pics. We have been meaning to take Kylee bowling. Glad to know yall like it:)

amber dayton said...

We have to second Courtney - we loved the musical & your family was awesome in it! Enjoyed all your cute pics - your Gracie Claire has such a contagious big grin!

Chesley said...

I loved this post...and I loved looking at every picture!!! GC cracks me up with some of her funnt faces!
This reminded me that I have SS pictures somewhere that I need to find.

Leslie said...

So fun, love all the pics.
See you tonight.

Kendra said...

Made it! Loved it! Thanks for sharing . .