My sweet, funny Gracie Claire made a funny last night in her prayer at dinner time. She said her typical "I'm hungry, so I'm going to pray fast" prayer which sounds something like this...
"Dear Lord...Thank you for this day. Thank you for Mommy, & Daddy, & Gracie Claire. Thank you Lord for helping me stay in my bed. Thank you for Jesus. Amen."
Now, this might seem like a perfectly good prayer, which it is, but, we're trying to work with her on thinking about what she is saying as she prays. Most of the time she does great on her own, but sometimes she needs a little push. After she finished, I said for her to repeat me as we continued the prayer. I had her thank God for Sydney and Molly and for the food and then I said, "In Jesus' name..." thinking she would repeat me. Instead she says, "And everybody said..." and we all followed her lead and said "Amen!"
It made for a great laugh. Sorry, but I couldn't contain it. It was too cute!
Life is a beach
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment