Saturday, January 07, 2012

Go STARS!

My dad and mom invited us to come along with them to a Dallas Stars game on Tuesday night.  I have to admit, I'm not a hockey fan, at all.  But I am a people watcher and I love to eat such things as cheese fries (covered in nacho cheese, sour cream, bacon, and chives) and jumbo hot dogs (covered in relish, onions, and mustard) and I love spending time with my parents.  So, the answer was easy.  We had such a fun time!  We rode over to the AAC on the train (way better than driving in that psycho traffic) and got to sit on the platinum level.  Hollah!  I'll never want to go back to being a regular person after experiencing platinum!  :) 

Funny side story--Paul decided he wanted something sweet to eat after we'd indulged in our dinner, so he asked the people next to us where they had gotten a giant slice of carrot cake.  They told him where and he left to get us something and my Dad something.  He returned with a giant slice of carrot cake, a huge slice of red velvet cake, a big slice of chocolate cake, and a big slice of cheesecake.  I have to say, I was slightly embarrassed that he had bought the whole bakery.  The people around us must have thought we were nuts.  He said he couldn't decide on just one, so he let the sugar factory take over his decision making skillz.  What can I say?  My husband is addicted to sugar.  :) 

The Stars, sadly, lost.  Although I don't think I noticed until after we left when someone mentioned it.  All in all though, it was a fun night of laughs, eating tasty, high calorie food, and watching grown men plow into each other, fighting over a little black disk!  We had a great time!  Thanks Daddio and Momina for letting us come along!

No comments: