Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Summer Vacay 2013 {FLORIDA}

Our big family vacay this year was to head to Orange Beach, Alabama where there are supposedly white sand beaches and blue/green water like those in Destin.  Uh, no.  Not to mention our hotel was disgusting and I was not about to spend our vacation gagging.  Call me a prude if you must, but I expect a nice, modern, clean hotel. 

Let us back up though.  Our drive was great and our ladies continue to be amazing travelers.  We made the trip to Alabama in a day and even made a little stop along the way to check out Duck Headquarters.  We love us some Duck Dynasty...scripted or not. 
We weren't among the lucky fans to get to see any of the beards, but it was totally fun to see where it all happens.  We're fans.
 
So let's jump ahead to arriving in Alabama where I wanted to vomit on the dirty, spotted carpet and use the stained curtains and wash cloths to peel the rest of the peeling wallpaper in the shower off the wall.  Not to mention {again} that the sand was not white and the water was brown.  I'm a beach snob.  I want blue water and white sand.  I digress. 
 
So, Paul jumped into action and, to make a long story short, we busted out of that place early the next morning and headed to a new, clean, modern hotel with white sand and blue waters.  Hollah!
This was how we felt about Orange Beach, AL.  We'll stick to Florida, thanks.
 
When we arrived at our new hotel, we headed up to our nice, clean, modern room and looked at our view...
{LOVE}
 
We spent the rest of our vacation relaxing.  Lots of playing in the sand, splashing in the waves, hunting for seashells, reading of books, swimming with mermaids, and just loving our time together.  We love the ocean.  It's fo sho one of God's most AMAZING creations.  {And yes, all of his creations are Amazing!}
 We HEART you Pensacola Beach!
 Definitely one of the girls' fave things...swimming everyday with the mermaid!
 This giant clam was at one of our fave restaurants, Flounders.  Yum.
 Seriously the cutest beach babes you will ever see...
 Paul and the girls spent hours hunting seashells!  So fun!
 I spent hours reading...
 Sunset {SO BEAUTIFUL!}
 We loved lounging by the pool too!
 LOVE
 Oh, how I love them!
 Bucket o' life!  Shells, shrimp, hermit crabs, and ghost crabs!
 Sydney showing her mermaid love with her tail made of sand. :)
 The one thing we did that didn't have to do with the beach...Monster's University!  So cute!
 It was a perfect vacation!  We loved our time together!
Until next time Florida!

No comments: