Who says that shopping with a two year old and an infant is easy? We all know that it isn't, but instead of waiting for Paul to get home from work to stay with the girls for a little while so I could go get the groceries, I decide to venture out on my own. This isn't the first time that I've shopped with the girls on my own, but this time Super Wal-Mart didn't make it easy on me -- or maybe I didn't make it easy on myself. It was probably a combo. Anyway, usually I put Sydney in the Baby Bjorn and sit Gracie Claire in the cart, but I knew that Super Wal-Mart has those huge carts with the extra seats attached to the front, so I took Sydney in her carrier to put on top of the cart and was going to put Gracie Claire in the extra seats, but, of course, they were out of the big mama shopping carts. So, instead of going back to the car and getting the Baby Bjorn, which would've been the smart thing to do, I decided to put Sydney and the carrier on the top of the cart and I threw Gracie Claire in the back of the cart. Long story short, Gracie Claire spent the time that she wasn't yelling "HI" to strangers, which is a completely different story, stacking all of the canned goods I'd put back there into a tall tower. I can't blame her though, she didn't have much room and she didn't fuss at all. So, I guess the moral of the story is, don't put your two year old in the back of the grocery cart when she's going to get groceries stacked on top of her. I know...DUH!
Gracie Claire w/ Uncle Caleb's sunglasses on :o)
This picture has nothing to do with my blog, I just thought I'd share it because it's too cute not to.


2 comments:
You know you can count outings like that as exercise . . .that's a lot of extra weight you are pushing around when you get an infant carrier, a toddler and lots of groceries all in there! It's like cardio for the day, huh? I count it double when I have Brady in the front, Colby in the back and Tyler (big lug) hanging on to the front. Who needs a gym?? Thanks for the giggle!
kendra vaughn
At least you're tall! When I put Kailey in her carrier on the seat, I can't see over her and have to look around the side to make sure I don't run over John who often decides to walk directly in front of the cart! Or, on the other day's trip, he was getting in and out of the little car attached to the front, and every time he did it tilted Kailey's seat, scared her, and she started screaming! Oh, the joyous grocery store trips! I guess this is where the idea begins that going to the grocery store alone is an "outing" for a mom of young children.
Post a Comment