Thursday, September 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Babe!

Daddy & his girls very early on his birthday.

Paul has recently started doing some sprint triathalons. So, we got him a new bike helmet for one of his presents. As soon as he opened it, Gracie Claire wanted to put hers on too, of course!


Yesterday was Paul's 31st birthday. It was a great day overall. We woke up to Gracie Claire saying, "Happy Birthday to you DADDDDY!!!" We went right in to open up Paul's presents and cards and then presented him with his birthday cake. Gracie Claire and I made it for him the night before. She picked the decorations. Those hard sugar decorations in the shape of Sponge Bob Square Pants. It was hilarious when she pointed at them in the store and was completely positive that those were the perfect things to put on Paul's cake. It was so fun making the cake with her. She was so excited to give it to her Daddy. Later we went to lunch together and loved spending time together. So, in honor of my hubby's birthday, here is a list of the top 31 things that I love about him. (I know somebody has already done this, but I thought that since it was such a great idea, I would steal it!)

31. Paul is the most patient person that I know. This is a God thing, because it was a pre-requisite to marrying me. I can't believe how patient he is w/ me sometimes! I would slap myself!

30. He is a wonderful servant. He would never share this, but he goes up to the church one day a week and does whatever Patty Weaver needs him to do.

29. He is one of the most humble people I know. In everything that he has accomplished, he has always given all of the credit to the Lord.

28. He is SO kind. If you know my hubby, you know this about him. (This is probably one of the reasons he was named "Class Favorite" every year of high school...yes, another thing he wouldn't openly share.)

27. He is romantic. After 6 years of marriage, he still brings me flowers for no particular reason, except that he loves me.

26. He loves to stay healthy. He has always loved to exercise and be active. This is good, because I need extra motivation in this area. ;o)

25. He doesn't complain. I can't think of any time I've ever heard him complain.

24. He loves to laugh. It's one of the things that first attracted me to him.

23. He laughs at my jokes and he can make me laugh. And you have to be really funny to do that.

22. He loves my family. He's always treated and loved them as if they were his own.

21. He loves to do things outdoors. He loves fishing, hunting, and just being outside

20. He is SO smart. He loves to learn and is always researching new things that interest him.

19. He is persistent. When he wants something, he goes after it until he gets it. e.g. He graduated high school in '95 and spent 10 straight years working on his degree. It took him what seemed like forever, but he wanted that degree and he got it in 2005. (While working full time throughout those 10 years, might I add!)

18. He believes in me. He encourages me to become what the Lord wants me to be.

17. He challenges me. He always reminds me to be the Lord's woman in every attitude I take or decision we make. (Yes, sometimes it's hard to hear, but I'm glad he does it!)

16. He loves to travel and see new places. We've been able to travel a lot and have seen SO many awesome places together.

15. He has such a sensitive heart! His sweetness is beyond measure.

14. He knows his weaknesses and he works on them.

13. He is a wonderful provider.

12. He is a wonderful son, brother, and uncle.

11. He is a hard worker. He has always excelled in every job that he has had and has been successful in earning the respect of his superiors.

10. He is the BEST Daddy! He loves our daughters with everything he has! He is the BEST example of the kind of man that I hope and pray the Lord provides for them one day!

9. Gracie Claire and Sydney adore him! There are few things as precious as seeing their faces light up when he walks in the door.

8. He is the BEST husband and my best friend! God gave me more than anything I could have ever imagined when he gave me Paul!

7. He loves me unconditionally. And believe me, there are times that I can be truly unlovable.

6. He is a great man of faith. I've been blessed with a husband whose spiritual gift is faith. What an amazing gift that is to me. He holds strong when I start to doubt. He always reminds me that the Lord will pull through for us, even if it's not what we feel is the right answer. He's never been wrong about that.

5. He shares his faith with anyone that's around him. He has been a true example to so many! There are some that he has witnessed to for years now. What an awesome time it will be when they choose to give their lives to the Lord.

4. He shares the Lord with our daughters. More than anything we hope for them, we want them to grow up to be mighty women of God and Paul shares the Lord with them in various ways everyday.

3. He is our spiritual leader. He is a constant source of encouragement for our family to continue to work on the things we need to work on to become stronger in the Lord as a family.

2. He constantly strives to grow in the Lord! His prayer life constantly becomes stronger and he strives to apply Godly teaching and counsel to his life.

1. He loves the Lord with all he has. There are so many things that are completely attractive about my husband, but this is the most attractive thing. To know that he loves our Lord as much as he does makes me love him more and more every single day! I am a blessed wife and our girls are blessed daughters!

Happy Birthday Babe! I love you SO much!!!!!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

This is so sweet. I love watching your relationship. You have both done a great job with it from the beginning! I still remember seeing him walk into class that first day, look at all of us sitting in a circle having thrown our shoes in the middle of the floor per Trey Davis' instruction, and then he took his shoes off, threw them in, had a seat, and from then on Paul was an important part of the class. Happy Birthday to Paul!

Anonymous said...

What a beautifil tribute Amanda. Paul has a very positive, encouraging respetful wife in you.

Kendra said...

Very sweet tribute. I loved reading about it, and I know Paul will be blessed by your testimony about him to anyone who will take a look! Make sure and print this out for your girls to read one day . . what a treasure.