Monday, September 17, 2007

Our First Day of School

Gracie Claire started YCW last Thursday. She was completely looking forward to it and loved every second, except for nap time. She is only going one day a week, but I missed her so much for those 5 hours. It was definitely harder on me than on her. But, I'm trying to look at it as an opportunity to get to spend more one on one time with Sydney. Which, I love! We, of course, had to get a new first day of school outfit. It actually only turned out to be a new shirt, but that counts. We also got a new backpack and lunch box (both on clearance--BONUS!!) She had a great day and we love her new teachers. They both seem so sweet. I also love the fact that she's getting more time with kids her age. We're looking forward to a great year at YCW and I can't wait to see how Gracie Claire grows through this experience!!!!


Posing in her new "first day of school" outfit!

I had to include this one. She looks like she's giving attitude, doesn't she?!

Posing in her backpack!

Gracie Claire with her teachers Ms. Jennifer and Ms. Kristen.

6 comments:

Kendra said...

Big girl . . she'll love it, and you'll love it, too! One on one with your baby can be hard to come by, so i hope you can enjoy while your big girl leans all sorts of new things! And my kids NEVER napped at preschool . . which was kinda fun to be able to bring them home for a nap afterwards!

angela said...

Those photos are so cute! I like her little outfit. You can tell she really loves her outfit too, and is excited about going! She'll do great! You'll be surprised at the new things she'll learn from just being around her friends. How exciting!

Anonymous said...

How adorable!! Her inner beauty shines through that wonderful grin :-)

Courtney said...

I can't believe how big she looks! Where does the time go?!

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

Oh my . . I was in Sat. night service last night helping out in an Early childhood class, and sweet Gracie Claire was there and was just SINGING away during the praise time! I wish I could remember which song it was she loved the best and sang the loudest, but you need to know it was the SWEETEST thing hearing her little cute voice over everyone else, and seeing her do hand motions and move her little body to the music! Just had to share . . she made my night!

Kendra said...

Ok,now you need to know that it wasn't my husband posting on your blog . . .it was ME, Kendra . . I guess he was logged in before me and I didn't change the dashboard. Sorry if you were wondering who in the world Donny was, why he was noticing your daughter, and how in the world he found your blog!!! oops!