Monday, November 19, 2007

My Birthday

My birthday was almost 2 weeks ago and, as usual, it wasn't normal. It was great, for the most part! Paul and the girls made it a very special day. Paul had taken the day of my birthday and the day after off, so that was a present in itself. He isn't one to prepare ahead of time, but the day before, he went out into the garage to do a "project." First he took Sydney out and then Gracie Claire, so I knew it had to be something to do with them as well. After GC came in from her turn, she told me, "Daddy painted my hands!" The next day, when I opened my gift from the girls (which is what the project in the garage was) I was excited to see the imprints of their hands with 2 great poems that Paul had put with them. It was such a sweet surprise.

Gracie Claire went to school that day, so while she was there, we went shopping. We do this a lot for birthdays. Which I enjoy! After we picked GC up from school early, we went and had sushi to eat at one of our favorite little places. Then it was home for naps. After Sydney's 3 hour nap, I went in to get her and knew as soon as I picked her up that she had a fever. Poor baby!! Since she had developed a little bit of a cough and GC had bronchitis the week before, I called the doctor. So how did I spend my birthday evening you ask? Waiting in the doctor's office for an hour and a half before he saw her while comforting my sick 9 month old. I was thrilled to find out that it was not RSV, which I hadn't even thought about until he came in talking about how he'd sent 2 babies to the hospital with it that day. Thankfully it was an ear infection, which is awful for my Syd, but can be fixed with antibiotics.

My overall good day ended by finally getting home to Paul, GC, my parents, and my brother Caleb and nephew Sam who all came for pizza. We were going to go eat out, but in the end, this was just as fun! In my 29 years, I am so blessed to have been given a wonderful husband, two precious daughters, the best parents, a great brother and sister, great in-laws, and sweet nephews. But, most importantly, I've been given a precious Saviour who has given me the sweetest gift of his mercy and grace!


My girls and I before opening their special present.

I loved GC's reaction and expression to this card. Such little things can make a 2 year old so happy!
I loved this one for the expression on Sydney's face. It's like she's saying, "I'm going to take my moment with the camera while y'all are busy."
How could I forget to mention that we had a princess party that night?! We had crowns, princess plates, napkins, cups and table cloth. Gracie Claire was beyond excited!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Happy Birthday! You share a birthday with the Vaughn twins as well!! And I LOVE your princess crowns . . .I had the exact same ones for my Mommy's Princess Party on my last birthday. You and your girls are so cute . .

Courtney said...

What a fun birthday! Sorry about the doctor visit, but everything else sounded great! Isn't it wonderful to share birthdays with sweet, little ones?