Thursday, November 29, 2007

My Girls

I haven't updated on the girls in a while, so I thought I would list some new things that have been happening.

Gracie Claire...
  • can now order her own food at Chick-fil-a. She says, "Hello. I want chitten nuggets, spute (fruit,) Sipe (Sprite,) & cocklate mulk (chocolate milk.) Taint you! Bye-Bye!"
  • is a sugar addict. She asks for candy everyday.
  • sings a lot. Her favorite songs of the moment are "Jesus Loves Me" and "Twinkle, Twinkle."
  • has completely given up naps, except for when she's at school. I do make her have a "rest" time where she lays on her bed and looks at books and listens to music. It's not her favorite time of the day.
  • is obsessed with princesses. The Disney ones are her favorites. If I let her, she would watch Cinderella and Beauty & The Beast everyday. She now has Disney princess pajamas (thanks to my mom) and slippers (thanks to me...I couldn't resist!)
  • loves to color, play with puzzles, and "read" books. I, as a former teacher, especially love the fact that she loves books. She would let me sit and read to her all day.
  • likes telling me to be careful. When I pick up Sydney, clear the table, bump into something, I hear, "Be caresul Mommy!"
  • also likes to give me praise after using the restroom. Sorry if there are those of you who are really private about the potty, but there are times when she walks in the bathroom while I'm using it and there's not much I can do. When the job is done, she says, "Good job Mommy!"

Sydney...

  • is pulling up on everything and starting to cruise a little bit. Fun times are in the near future!
  • is still trying to get rid of that crazy ear infection...she is now on her third antibiotic.
  • is waving and clapping. I love that when she waves her hand, it's usually turned backwards, so she is waving at herself.
  • loves other babies. When she is around my nephew, Sam, you can hardly keep her from smothering him.
  • has become quite the little dancer. She especially loves swinging her arm and rocking back and forth to Christmas songs.
  • has about four teeth that are going to pop through anytime. Her gums are swollen and bumpy, but she teeths like Gracie Claire. No fussing at all! (I know, I'm blessed!!)
  • loves playing with her big sister. She gets a huge kick playing chase with her. The giggles that come from the two of them are the best!
  • can throw like a baby athlete. If they had the baby Olympics, I think she could be a real threat in the discus competition.

They are seriously the funnest, sweetest, most precious girls ever! I love being their Mommy!

3 comments:

Lana said...

Such sweet girls. I love the ordering at Chick Fil A. So precious!

Kendra said...

CUTE!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Love these pictures. They're precious. How fun that they're little friends and play together!