Thursday, May 08, 2008

3 Year Old Prayers...

Gracie Claire has been changing her prayers up here recently instead of saying the same prayer every night. It's like it has clicked that she can say anything she wants to God. Love it! Sadly, I have a hard time containing my laughter as she prays her sweet little prayers that are straight from her heart. I can hardly stand it, it's so precious! Here is the prayer that she prayed last night before bed...

"Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Thank you for my falimy (family.) Thank you for my clothes and my food. Thank you Lord for essythang (everything,) and essythang, and essythang, and essythang. Thank you Lord for helpin' me stay all night in my big girl bed so I don't get a sankin' (spanking) with the sankin' soon (spoon.) Thank you Lord for helpin' me stay all night in my big girl bed so I don't get a sankin' with the sankin' soon. Thank you Lord for essythang and essythang and thank you for helpin' me stay all night in my big girl bed so I don't get a sankin' with the sankin' soon. Thank you for Jesus! Aaaamen."

Apparently she is thankful for everything and very thankful that she is receiving help staying all night in her bed. I just love how sincere her prayers are and how she is learning to talk to the Lord straight from her sweet little heart! It's the best being a mommy...don't you think?!

3 comments:

emily anna said...

Precious! I love listening to them pray. Last night at dinner, Claire thanked God for Gracie Claire.... Love it!

angela said...

Love this prayer! It's so from the heart. Love how she has learned to take it all to God in prayer!

Kendra said...

Sweetest prayer, and yes, I agree. Makes life of a mommy even sweeter!