Newtown's Sesquicentennial Celebration
Somehow, our whole family was able to plan far enough ahead to all get to travel up to see all of our family from my Dad's side to celebrate Newtown's 150th anniversary. Now, Newtown is probably not a town that anyone has ever heard of, probably because it has a population of around 200, if that. But, it's the town my Dad grew up in and my grandparents have lived in all of our lives. So, we all love it. There were tons of activities planned that were like no other and we had so much fun being a part of it. The best part was being together as a huge family. Here are just a few of the highlights from our trip. (I know it's a lot, but I had to cut back from almost 500 pictures.) :o)
Somehow, our whole family was able to plan far enough ahead to all get to travel up to see all of our family from my Dad's side to celebrate Newtown's 150th anniversary. Now, Newtown is probably not a town that anyone has ever heard of, probably because it has a population of around 200, if that. But, it's the town my Dad grew up in and my grandparents have lived in all of our lives. So, we all love it. There were tons of activities planned that were like no other and we had so much fun being a part of it. The best part was being together as a huge family. Here are just a few of the highlights from our trip. (I know it's a lot, but I had to cut back from almost 500 pictures.) :o)

Paul and Nkere playing catch in my Grandma's awesome yard. This picture is more for the view. Isn't it beautiful?!
My Grandma was nominated for the "Queen of Newtown..." thus, the outfit. This is her with almost all of her grand kids and great grand kids.
and little girls walking their dressed up goats! So fun! There were other fun things in the parade like huge farm equipment, various floats pulled by pick-up trucks or riding lawnmowers, lots of horses, and every firetruck from every surrounding county's fire station. Even my Dad pulled the float for the "Stitch and Chatter" club, which is my Grandma's quilting club! :o)
This is all of the grand kids, great grand kids, cousins, etc. We had so much fun all being together. Who wants to go to the beach when you can go to Newtown and hang out with your ENTIRE family?! Not me...I loved every second!!Random July Pictures
Paul raced in another triathlon after our trip (which I have no decent pictures of...I could just kick myself!) It was at Lake Ray Roberts and the girls had so much fun playing in the water after the race. This is them with Mimi (Paul's mom.) Another side note: Paul raced the Olympic distance this time instead of the sprint. He did great!!
Walking in GC's princess slippers...I think that I might have forgotten to mention that Sydney is now a WALKER!!! Yes, after 16.5 months, she finally decided to walk! HALLELUJAH!!
The House
After a quick move and transitioning through all that comes with moving, we are finally able to just have fun watching our house go up. Here are a few pictures of it's "growth."
A Few Favorites
Here are just a couple of random favorites that I took with my phone. Just had to share...and then, I promise I'm done...for now!
Here are just a couple of random favorites that I took with my phone. Just had to share...and then, I promise I'm done...for now!





















4 comments:
What fun pictures!!! I love small town celebrations - there's so much personality. And not many people can say they've watched outhouses race down the street!
Congrats on the new house!! I know y'all can't wait to be in it! And go Paul on the triathalon! Wow!!
I found your blog. Just wanted to mention that not only have I been to Newtown, but my hubby preached in your grandparent's church one Sunday. Brent is from Unionville, so Newtown isn't far.
I too know the way to Newtown! Actually, we've been through it. Had we known there was going to be the entire Mallette family there for the big birthday celebration, we might have gone. I sure enjoyed the photos. I've been reading your blog...and also Gracie's, since your Mom told me about them! Enjoyed all the photos!
Now THIS was a fun update! And I read the one about the fishing date . . .you are a very good wife. I hate fish. No, really - HATE them. Give me the heebies, so you are the bomb now in my book. My kids will never learn to fish from me - that's what their Uncle Aric, Aunt Moni and my Dad are there for. Ick.
And just so you know - your girls are absolutely BEAUTIFUL, and you look GREAT prego!
Post a Comment