Monday, April 06, 2009

Sleepin' Sydney...or Non-Sleepin' Sydney

Sydney has been testing the waters lately when it comes to nap time. She is a fabulous sleeper, but now that she knows how to climb out of her bad and open doors, she thinks it's even more fabulous to see if she can get out of nap time. Paul came up with his own tactic. Since there are no locks on their bedroom doors, he shoves a book in the space between the door and the door jam and jams the door so you can't open it from the inside. Now...before anyone shakes their finger, we promise that this has only been done during nap time when we are aware of what's going on. We don't lock her in at night. I promise. :) And, we only had to do it a couple of times for her to get the picture. Anyway.

Thank you, Eric Carle, for your help in soothing our daughter to sleep!

Napping on the floor is better than no nap at all...right?!

2 comments:

emily anna said...

This post made me laugh out loud... I totally knew you did this, but I didn't know you took pictures! HA! I can't wait to show Jeff! :)

Chesley said...

Hey, I think do what you have to do. Nap time is a special "me" time.