Last night was "Meet The Teacher" at my school. I got to meet most of the little firsties that will be in my class and I have to say I'm excited! They were as sweet as they could be!
As much as I love meeting my own students, Meet The Teacher has a whole new meaning when you have your own kids. We, of course, already know Gracie Claire's sweet teacher, but we want Gracie Claire to get to be involved in all of the activities that come with going to school. I'm doing a bit better than I was last year with my emotions. Taking my baby to Kindergarten was a little different because it was a first. First grade is exciting because she is in the grade that I teach, she is right next door to me (in fact, I have windows that I can look through into her classroom), and her teacher is my flex mate! We have been blessed again with another wonderful teacher. A definite answer to prayer! Mrs. Morgan was a kindergarten teacher the last few years, but how awesome is it that we get to have her for first grade (for a teacher and my teammate!) She fits everything that we prayed for in a first grade teacher for our GC...she loves the Lord, she is loving, and she's an amazing teacher. Jackpot! :) Gracie Claire is so excited for first grade and we can't wait to see how much she grows this year...but, it doesn't have to go so fast!
As much as I love meeting my own students, Meet The Teacher has a whole new meaning when you have your own kids. We, of course, already know Gracie Claire's sweet teacher, but we want Gracie Claire to get to be involved in all of the activities that come with going to school. I'm doing a bit better than I was last year with my emotions. Taking my baby to Kindergarten was a little different because it was a first. First grade is exciting because she is in the grade that I teach, she is right next door to me (in fact, I have windows that I can look through into her classroom), and her teacher is my flex mate! We have been blessed again with another wonderful teacher. A definite answer to prayer! Mrs. Morgan was a kindergarten teacher the last few years, but how awesome is it that we get to have her for first grade (for a teacher and my teammate!) She fits everything that we prayed for in a first grade teacher for our GC...she loves the Lord, she is loving, and she's an amazing teacher. Jackpot! :) Gracie Claire is so excited for first grade and we can't wait to see how much she grows this year...but, it doesn't have to go so fast!
Checking out her new desk! :)
Reading her scavenger hunt all by herself.
LOVE
Gracie Claire and Mrs. Morgan :)

No comments:
Post a Comment