Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Year, New Stuff

Since we've gone from 2006 to 2007, of course I'm thinking about all of the new things that this year will be bringing. I know I could stress over every little thought that runs through my head, but 2006 showed us just how faithful God is in meeting our every need. What's the point in worrying or making sure that every little detail is perfect in my eyes. I know that God takes care of the details for us. So, what are the new things that will be happening in 2007?! Here's the list:
  • God has blessed us with another daughter, Sydney Hope, who will be here sometime in February. (Her due date is the 20th, but I can hope for earlier can't I?!)
  • Gracie Claire will be turning 2 on February 14th. These past 2 years have been such precious times with our little girl. What a huge gift she is to her Daddy and me! I always knew I wanted to be a Mommy, but I never knew the blessings that being a Mommy could bring until Gracie Claire showed me!
  • Many friends will be having (or already have) new babies. I love the fact that my girls will have so many great kids to grow up with.
  • Paul and I will have our 6th anniversary this May. It's amazing how fast 6 years goes by! I am so blessed to have been given such an awesome husband as Paul is. He is so patient, kind, loving, the best Daddy to our girls (yes, even the one who isn't here yet) and my very best friend! I definitely don't deserve him. His amazing faith in the Lord is what holds our family so tightly together. When I start to worry and doubt, Paul is always there to remind me that God is in control.
  • Caleb and Sandra are making us an uncle, aunt, and cousin again in June! We can't wait for that little bundle to get here!
  • Our nephew, Parker, will be turning 3 in April. It seems like we were just all gathered in the hospital shoving for our turn to get to hold him. He's becoming such a big boy!
  • Gracie and Nkere will be celebrating their 1st anniversary in February. We're proud of both of them.
  • My parents will be celebrating their 32nd anniversary this year! What an example their marriage has been to all of us!
  • Paul and I have become involved in the "Barney Ministry" at church. It's a neat ministry created to provide encouragement and support for new Christians. We're really excited about it!
  • Our church is making some big changes that I think are going to be exciting as they follow what God has called them to do!

I know there are so many more things that I could list, and even things that will be added to the list as the year goes along. I'm excited to see what God has in store for our family this year.

No comments: