Monday, July 12, 2010

Lions & Tigers & Bears...OH MY!

I know. You can't get over my clever title. :)

Today we took the girls to the zoo! We love going to the zoo and we've been there a thousand times. Today was a little different because we got to see the MOLA. Paul was about beside himself because, even as an adult, he LOVES all things reptile. He has talked about it enough that even the girls couldn't wait. I couldn't even tell you how many times they asked, "Can we go see the MOLA now?" Paul and I both thought that it was cool, but were a little disappointed. The best thing about it was all of the new, big, poisonous snakes they now have...a king cobra, a green mamba, and a gaboon viper were some of our faves. Yes friends, I've watched so many shows about poisonous reptiles that I'm actually a little bit knowledgeable on the subject. :) Besides the MOLA, we loved our usual favorites...the monkeys, big cats, flamingos, and so many more.

Something totally disgusting, not surprising, and hilarious happened while we were there. We were just finishing going through the monkey house and walked outside to look through the big window at the chimpanzee enclosement. There was a brand new baby chimp sleeping on his mama who was also dead to the world. I don't believe in evolution, so I'm not trying to relate in that way, but I could sort of relate to her. Having a newborn is hard work. Her baby was napping, so she was napping. Good time management, I say. While baby and mama snoozed away, daddy was chillin' right next to them. He wasn't getting a nap in though...he was gettin' his sip on, if you know what I mean. Mama chimp, who obviously feeds her baby her own milk, wasn't even budging as daddy chimp yanked, twisted, and sipped on her milk giver. Paul and I couldn't stop laughing. Disgusting, very human like, and hilarious. Ah...I hope no one is offended by this little monkey to human comparison. I'm just sayin'.

Cute Little Guy

Now for the even cuter pics...



So much fun!

Checkin' Things Out!


I don't usually focus on taking lots of animal pictures, but today I thought I'd get some good ones. Fun stuff...



The zoo ROCKS!! :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Those pics of the animals are so good Amanda!! Of course the ones of your family are much better :)

Courtney said...

Love the pics! And...gross. ;)