Day 3 of our Blog Challenge has been a little bit harder than the previous two days. I've been thinking and thinking trying to come up with just the right answer. Those of you who are workout addicts could jump all over this one with an answer like running or doing yoga or something healthy like that. Me...not so much. Instead I have the most embarrassing answer possible. What do I do to escape, you ask? I Smurf. That's right friends.
Smurfing has become a bit of an escape for me. If you own an iPhone, or smart phone of any kind, you know that apps can become a dangerous thing.
Facebook, Bejeweled, The Weather Channel (Mary...I know this is the one you waste your life away on--HA!)...these are all things that most of us use. Let me apologize ahead of time to those of you who have amazing willpower to keep from having a smart phone. Congrats. When I need to get away, I smurf...that is check on my little smurf buddies who are taking care of my little Smurf Village...Papa Smurf, Brainy, Miner Smurf,
Smurfette just to name a few. Now--before you start thinking things like, "
Ummm...she's a mom. Why is she wasting her life away on that," or "What a weirdo," let me say, I spend maybe 10 minutes a day
smurfing. It is not my only smurf...I mean escape. ;) But, if I'm being honest, I have no idea what attracts me to making sure my little smurfs are OK. I just do. No
smurfy judgements.

Another escape in our life right now includes Jack Bauer. We didn't watch 24 when it was on, so now we're watching straight through on DVD. AWESOMENESS times 24.

I do have other, more meaningful, escapes as well. One of my favorites is music, both listening and singing. One of my favorites right now is Meredith Andrews' song, "You're Not Alone." I love listening to it, thinking about how meaningful the words are, and then singing it at the top of my lungs. Click HERE to listen. Worship time goes right along with this. When I can focus on worshipping the Lord...it's just the best.
My most favorite earthly escapes are my hubby and three little beauties. I know there are some that would give anything to have time away, and I understand that...believe me, I do, (remember, I was a SAHM once too), but especially since I started back to work almost 2 years ago, I love escaping to home, just to be with my four loves. They are loving (snuggling is an escape), funny (laughing is an escape), and smart (the imagination is an escape.) I take every second I can with them. They're the greatest. Period.

1 comment:
I never knew this!! I so loved the smurfs! We will have to go see the movie :)
Post a Comment