Monday, January 16, 2012

My Goals This Week -- UPDATE!

I'm trying to keep myself accountable, so I figured I could try by posting my goals for this week on here, then I'll come back at the end of the week and update on how I did.  This is mostly for myself, but if you feel the urge, encouraging words are always nice.  :)

***Workout at least 4 times this week.  I worked out 3 times last week.  A good start to creating a habit, but to burn and tone the amount I'd like to, I need to up the ante.
I DID IT!  I WORKED OUT 4 TIMES!  (THAT WAS THE WEEK BEFORE LAST...I ONLY MADE IT 3 TIMES THIS WEEK, BUT AT LEAST I'M KEEPING AT IT!)
Pinned Image
***Log my food everyday.  I do this pretty regularly, but have room to improve.
CHECK!
***Cook the meals that I've planned my grocery list for.  I always have good intentions when I make a specific list for specific recipes, but a lot of times, I don't follow through.
CHECK!  EXCEPT FOR THE POTATO RECIPE THAT IS PICTURED BELOW.  BUT, EVERYTHING ELSE I MADE! 
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
***Read my devotional and have my prayer time everyday.  So far so good since I started my new plan.  My day is always better when I spend time in His word.  Always.
CHECK!!!  I'M LOVING THIS!
Pinned Image
***Finish the book I'm reading and start a new one.  I have a big list of books to be read. 
YEAH...NOT DOING SO WELL ON THIS ONE.
***I got a fun little gadget called a Fitbit.  It tracks your steps, calories burned, sleep, etc.  It set a goal for me of 10,000 steps per day.  Ummm...sadly, I have not hit that mark yet since I got it.  So, 10,000 steps must be taken each day.  :)
I MADE MY 10,000 STEPS PER DAY GOAL THE WEEK BEFORE LAST.  NOT SO MUCH THIS WEEK. 
Pinned Image
***Go to bed at a regular time each night.  I prefer to stay up late, but my body does not like it when my alarm goes off at 5:30.
STILL GOING TO WORK ON GOING TO BED A LITTLE EARLIER.
***Leave work by 3:45 each day.  My family is more important.  Period.
I'M DOING PRETTY WELL AT LEAVING BY 3:45.  UNLESS THERE'S A MEETING OR SOMETHING SCHEDULED, I'VE DONE IT!
***Spend intentional quality time with my girls one-on-one at some point in the week.
SINCE I'M GETTING HOME EARLIER, MY TIME WITH THE GIRLS HAS BEEN GREAT.  I STILL WANT TO WORK ON GETTING IN THAT ONE-ON-ONE TIME THOUGH.
***Have patience.
I WILL ALWAYS BE WORKING ON THIS!
Pinned Image
***Spend intentional quality time with my hubs once the girls are in bed.  Less technology, more talking.
DOING BETTER, BUT DEFINITELY COULD WORK ON SITTING THAT STINKIN' PHONE DOWN.
Ummm...that's a lot.  We'll see how I do.  I love me some lists, so I'm hoping this new strategy helps me stay accountable.  Peace.
I'M GOING TO CONTINUE WITH THIS LIST OF GOALS FOR A WHILE.  I'LL EDIT WHEN NECESSARY, BUT I'M LIKING THIS LIST RIGHT NOW!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Love your list of goals...especially the hubs time and leaving work at 3:45! You've always been really good about managing your time and fitting it all in. When I go back to work, I'll be hoping to leave asap everyday too, which is quite different from my pre-baby self. Family IS more important! Love it. ;)