Sunday, June 02, 2013

12 Years

What better way to celebrate my 600th post (WHAT?!) than with an Anniversary post!  P and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary on May 19th and headed on down to San Antonio!  It's no Maui, but good ol' San Antone was a great way to get away and celebrate 12 years (WHAT?!)!
You can see how excited P is to be traveling Southbound 35 with me!  ;)  He really was excited to get away, but by this time, we had been on the road at least 2 hours longer than we should have been.  Traffic was a beast!  I was trying to lighten the mood.
For Christmas, my parents gave all of us a weekend at a cute little bed and breakfast!  This is the house we stayed in.  It was really historical, the breakfast was yummy, and most importantly...it was clean!  We loved it!  (Thanks Daddio and Momina!)
 We, of course, had to go do all of the things you HAVE to do when you're in San Antonio.  We went to the Alamo.  Loved it.
 We spent hours at the Riverwalk.  We ate there, people watched, and ate there, and people-watched some more!  So fun!
We went to The Buckhorn Saloon and Museum to see the Texas Rangers (not the baseball team) memorabilia and the biggest collection of dead animals you'd ever want to see.  P was in love.  I had to get a pic with our school mascot! 
 
The last night we were in San Antonio, we went and stayed at a resort right outside of SA.  It was so nice to just float around the lazy river and do nothing. 
 
We loved having time away together.  We've gone through trials and victories together these last 12 years, and there is no one else I would ever want to walk through this life with!  God gave me the man that is perfect for me.  (Go ahead and get out your barf bag if you're against sweet talk.)  He has blessed me with a wonderful husband who loves the Lord with all of his heart, is the BEST Daddy to our 3 little ladies, and who loves me even when I'm hard to love.  And I'll tell you right now, I can be hard to love sometimes.  (I know.  You're gasping in shock.)  I'm so thankful and only hope that our marriage will continue to grow with God at the center of it!
 
So blessed.
Love you babe.  Here's to 100 more!


No comments: