Monday, December 09, 2013

Ice Days Galore!

We (meaning the ladies and myself...Paul ventured out to work this morning) are spending our 2nd official day off from school doing a little laundry, watching "White Christmas", and playing Mario.  I've also gotten (I think) all of the girls' Christmas shopping done.  I have completely LOVED these days stuck at home.  I saw someone post on FB about taking it as the chance to just be still.  We don't get those opportunities much in our busy lives, so I love when we're forced to take them.  It has been awesome.  No cabin fever here!  I've, of course, taken lots of pictures.  Here we go!
 A fact you might not know about my hubs:  He loves to cook and bake!  Bonus for me!  I don't mind doing it, but I'm just fine letting him do it if he wants to!  Love him!
 Lots of comfort food goin' down this weekend!  We had chicken and rice in the crock pot, tomato soup and grilled cheese, cookies, banana bread, and sausage and eggs for breakfast.  HOLLAH!
 This cute little bug below, along with her sisters, have LOVED going outside to play on the ice. 
 I stayed inside, for the most part, and attempted things like this...
I'm missing one edge piece.  This completely throws me off of my game.  I can only obsess about the missing piece!  Now I'm trying to decide if I want to finish or scrap the whole thing!
 LOVE...
 I finally decided to get my slipping and sliding on.  I couldn't be left out!  :)
 GC and Daddy built a pretty awesome little igloo!
The girls in full on gamer mode...
Our street is still solid ice as of this morning.  Interesting...
Who knows what will happen tomorrow!?
Happy Icemageddon 2013 friends!!!!

No comments: