Saturday, December 21, 2013

Merry Christmas and Stuff

I have several little things to blog about, but I'm just stopping by to post this year's Christmas card.  I love how it turned out.  I'm also just wanting to say that during this time of year, when it's so easy to get caught up in all of the get togethers (we have 4 days in a row of family gatherings coming up...which I love) getting/receiving gifts, and running here or there, I hope we make sure that we remember what we're celebrating here.  We aren't celebrating our families, the material things we give/receive, Santa, or any of it.  We're celebrating HIM.  HE is the reason we celebrate this time of year.  I feel like every year our world moves further and further away from that and it makes me feel like a "BAH HUMBUG!"  I just want to take what this world has turned this time of year into and stuff it somewhere.  No, I'm not saying that all of it is bad.  I love giving my girls and people I love gifts.  I love decorating the tree and looking at Christmas lights.  I love seeing my family.  But...I want the girls growing up knowing and celebrating the real reason for Christmas.  That's up to me and Paul.  When they grow up, I want them to celebrate Christmas because it's about Jesus.  Not because of all of the other stuff.  That is all.  This has been a giant soapbox on my heart this year.  Thank you for reading.  ;)

I'll leave you with this:
For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6


No comments: