Saturday, December 14, 2013

Our Spelling Queen

Gracie Claire participated in her first ever Spelling Bee yesterday at school.  The kids had to take a spelling test and the top ten spellers in their grade level were chosen.  Gracie Claire was one of 10 3rd graders (out of over 100) who earned a spot in the spelling bee!  Proud mama right here!  3rd, 4th, and 5th graders participated and (I think) their were about 30 spellers.  Gracie Claire tends to put lots of pressure on herself.  I don't know where she gets it?  ;)  She studied at home and at school and we told her what a great accomplishment it was to have just made it to the spelling bee.  I admit it...I might have been more nervous than she was.  OK, I'll admit this too.  I might have cried every time she came to the microphone to spell.  What can I say?!  I'm an overly emotional proud mommy!
 Our pretty speller, right before the spelling went down.
 She was so excited that Daddy was able to go in to work a little late so he could be there to cheer her on.  Sydster was so proud of her big sister and loved that she was able to be there too!
 I'm a proud Mama!

Gracie Claire was the 1st speller.  Having a last name that starts with A has it's perks.  She made it to round 4 before she misspelled a word!  I am SO proud of her!  She was so confident when she stepped up to the microphone.  She spoke loudly and was so clear.  When she came off of the stage, the amount of friends that gave her a high-five made me cry again.  I know...you're surprised.  She is so loved by so many and it made me realize what an impact she already has on people.  When she got to Mrs. Cunningham (her fab teacher) she cried.  Meredith brought her to us and we got to love on her and tell her how extremely proud we are of her.  She worked her booty off!  She has decided that she is going to boycott the word that she misspelled.  HA!   
These girls make me a proud mama and teacher.  (I had these 2 when they were 1st graders!)  I love that GC has such fantastic friends!  They supported each other and were a success!  Love them!

Well, I will now end this proud mommy post.  Don't worry...there will be, at least, a billion more to come!

No comments: