Gracie Claire does not have a hernia! We are so thankful that she did not have to go through a surgery or anything more severe than what it really turned out to be! She has struggled with (get ready, this might be too much info.) bad constipation for probably a year now and her little body is/was really "full." But, we are so thankful that it is something that can be treated at home. Our doctor put her on a daily medication and I had to giver her (
OK...more grossness coming) an enema today. That was traumatic enough. Watching her go through painful cramping about did me in. So, I look up to you all who have gone through so much worse. The enema worked well and we start the medication tomorrow. To top it all off, she had her first horrible day of seasonal allergies. My poor baby had a drippy nose, eyes, and bottom. (I know, that's so gross, but I try to find a little humor in everything that God fixes.) She had an exhausting day and fell asleep in my arms tonight (which never happens!) Thank you all for praying for our Gracie Claire. The power of prayer is amazing...even in the littlest of things!
4 comments:
You are so sweet and lady-like when you phrase it "The enema worked well . . ." Your mama taught you well. I'm afraid my summation would have been a bit more graphic, so I'll try to be more like you in the future! he! Sorry, but that line just really made me giggle! I'm SO thankful that there was an easy, treatable answer for your little one, though!
I was so glad to hear it was something you can work on at home! It is definitely still hard to watch your child go through anything difficult, though. Hope she gets all cleared out quickly! :)
I am so glad it wasn't anything more serious! Not that what you're doing is any fun, either . . .oh the things we go through for our little ones! Did you ever think before you had kids that talking about giving enemas would be no big deal??? :-) Anyway - I hope she feels better soon!
Hi Amanda!
So glad Gracie Claire did not have a hernia. Thanks so much for your sweet note on my blog.I definitely think the world of Gracie. She is such a sweet inspiration to me! By the way I have been an avid reader of your blog for a while. Love all the pics of your beautiful girls!
Post a Comment