Sydney has been dealing with getting over a cold, or so we thought, for the past 2-3 weeks. My poor baby had junk oozing from her nose for a while before she developed a crazy cough. When she woke up on my birthday after her nap with a fever of almost 103, I decided the doctor needed to get involved. I've told a little of this story already, but to refresh any memories who might care, the doctor said he was hoping it wasn't RSV before he even checked her only to find out it was an ear infection. If I were a doctor, and I truly do love our doctor, I wouldn't be walking into a room, with a slightly worried/irriated mommy, talking about RSV and how it would most likely hospitalize a baby Sydney's age before I checked her. My opinion! Anyways, he put her on an antibiotic, which, long story short, didn't work. So, at her nine month check, he put her on another antibiotic, which I thought wasn't working either, only to have Sydney acting herself these last couple of days. I so wish that we could take pain and sickness from our babies. It is, as I know all of you know, one of the worst things to see your baby sick. I am so thankful that we live in a time that the doctors know so much more than they used to and that we have access to medications that make our babies better. All in all, ear infections stink! This was our first experience with one, and I definitely don't recommend them! :o)
This picture was taken in the midst of the ear infection. Only babies can give a serious smile when they feel so yucky. If you look close enough, you can see some junk oozing from her nose...

1 comment:
I don't like those nasty ear infections either. Colby had them constantly when he was little . . I should have pushed for tubes but we rode it out and he's fine. Brady seems to have at least a little bit of an infection every time we go, but he clears it pretty easily with none of the nasty side effects (fever, etc), so it's hard to know when he actually has one or not. Who knows. Poor baby - hope she stays clear! I would sure push for tubes if she keeps getting them - it's a pretty easy fix that really helps out in a lot of areas if there are chronic infections. Hopefully she'll be all clear! BTW - I totally agree with you on your "opinion"!
Post a Comment