A week after Molly was born, I turned 30. It was kind of exciting more than anything. There wasn't a big party and nothing out of the ordinary happened, but it still felt exciting. My twenties were awesome. So many blessings were a part of my twenties. I graduated from college, taught 1st grade for 3 years, met and married Paul, had my three babies, and so many other things that I could list. God really blessed my twenties...beyond what I could've ever imagined. I can't wait to see what my thirties hold. My goals for this year are major. I want to be the best wife and mommy that I can be. That encompasses lots of things. It means being the best Christian I can be first and foremost. It means being the wife God wants me to be and being the mommy He wants me to be. It means loving hard, meeting every need I can meet to the best of my ability, and it means being an example. My other goal for the year is becoming a healthier me. I want to become better about my spiritual health making my Bible study and prayer life stronger. I want to serve. I want to make a difference. I want to become better about my physical health by taking care of myself through healthy eating and exercise. This is hard, but I want my girls to grow up with this as part of their everyday life. This is lots to reach for, but I can't think of a better time to reach for it than turning 30.
Because I'm not one for a blog that's too serious...picture this. Gracie Claire and me working out using the Wii Fit. We stepped, did some strength exercises, played some balance games (I'm getting good at ski-jumping ;) and did some crazy yoga moves (our favorite is the sun-salutation.) She did 40 minutes with me the other day while Sydney and Molly were napping. I've got a workout buddy already. :)
Life is a beach
7 years ago

1 comment:
That Wii Fit is kicking me in the rear...literally. I can feel it working. Now if I can just master a yoga pose without nearly falling off the board, I'll be in good shape!
Post a Comment