I've written before about the funny things that my sweet Gracie Claire says and I have several more to add to the list. My almost 4 year old (gasp!) makes me laugh everyday with the things that she comes up with. She is definitely a talker and loves to make her opinions known, tell us what her plans are, and make us laugh. These are just a few that I want to remember.
- The other night we were watching "The Biggest Loser" and (I hope no one is offended by this) Gracie Claire says, "Why are we watching a show about fat people?" We were shocked that she even knew to describe someone in this way because we sure don't talk about others that way. Then she went on to say, "Let's change it. Fat people are mean." WHAT?! Paul explained to her that we do not tell someone they are fat and, more importantly, just because someone may be "fat" doesn't mean they aren't nice. It means they've made unhealthy eating choices and have chosen not to exercise. ARGHHH. This conversation was an interesting discussion more than a funny...although I do have to admit, it made me snicker.
- We went to eat with my sister a couple of weeks ago and she and Gracie Claire sat next to each other. Gracie (my sister) asked Gracie Claire to move her cup so she wouldn't bump it with her elbow. Gracie Claire tried to argue with her before we stopped her and told her she needed to tell Aunt Gracie that she was sorry for talking back to her. She looked at Gracie and said, "Aunt Gracie, I apologize for talking back to you." This would be funny because we've never heard her use the word, "apologize." She has always said, "I'm sorry." I love when she uses her ever expanding vocabulary.
- Gracie Claire is very perceptive when it comes to our moods. She catches on right away when we're upset about something. Lately, when she notices a lull in my mood, she says, "Don't be grumpy to us Mommy." It kind of puts me in my place...reminding me that little eyes are always watching and little ears are always listening. On the other hand, when we've gotten after her recently, she says, "Don't be rude!" Ummm...not OK! :)
- She is obsessed with parades. She has many parades, different types, throughout the week. There are princess parades (the most popular,) musical parades, and parades with her friends, just to name a few. I think the obsession started when we attended the big Newtown parade last summer when we went to my Dad's hometown anniversary in Missouri. It's the only parade she's ever been to.
- Because she is still loving all things princess, she has also learned about Disney World and pretends almost daily that she is going on vacation there. She says, "Mommy, I'm going on a play date today to Disney World. Me and Sydney are going with Daddy. You're not coming." OK. But, I will have her know that when the day comes to take a trip to Disney, I will be there! :)
- When I picked my sweet girl up from school yesterday, we went and played on the play scape. While she was waiting for me to help her with her shoes, she put her arms around my neck and said, "I love you so very much Mommy!" *tear* I love you too, so very much, my Gracie Claire!
- One of her favorite games to play with her Daddy is "Princess." She lays down on the ground, and Daddy, who plays the part of the prince, finds her and tries to wake her, but figures out that he can only wake her with a kiss. Lately, she's been telling him that he needs to dress up in his prince clothes...which need to be purple.
- My girl is a fan of movies. Around Christmastime, I let her watch "Annie," for the first time. She LOVES it! We've watched it several times since the first viewing and she has quickly learned the songs and has picked out her favorite scenes which she constantly wants to reenact. Her very favorite scene is when Duffy, one of the orphans, puts a mouse down Miss Hannigan's dress. We've acted this out sooo many times. When I get the lines wrong, she quickly corrects me and we have to start over. She also calls the movie, "Hannie." I've corrected her many times, but she insists that it's "Hannie." Awesome.
- One night while Paul was putting Gracie Claire and Sydney to bed, I heard the most adorable conversation between him and GC. They got to talking about when she grows up. Paul told her that she wouldn't live with us when she became an adult. Her response was, "But Daddy, I don't want to live alone." He told her that she wouldn't live alone, she would live with her husband. She started talking about who her husband would be and told Paul, "I will marry you Daddy." He told her that she couldn't marry him because he was already married to Mommy. She then said she would marry BigPa (my Dad.) Paul told her she couldn't marry BigPa because he was married to Gigi. Then she tried Parker, our nephew. He explained that she couldn't marry Parker because he was her cousin. She finally said, "OK...I'll marry Luke!" Luke is one of her favorite friends...the little brother of Claire, Gracie Claire's BFF. Paul told her that when she grew up, if she loved Luke and Luke loved her, and they both loved Jesus, then yes, she could marry Luke. That seemed to satisfy her...until she realized one more scenario. The last question she asked Paul was, "Daddy...what if I don't get married?" Paul told her she could live with us if she didn't get married. I have a feeling that won't be an issue.
Well, there you go. I'll end with a few of the faces of my sweet girl.



3 comments:
I'm glad you're back. I enjoy reading your blog and taking the picture walks :)
Your Gracie Claire and my Bennett are packed with a personality and a half - maybe it's a first born thing?
Love the sweet things she says, and I'm looking forward to your blog update list!
If Luke and GC got married I think I would be a really cool MIL! :) HA! J/K Love that girl... she cracks me up!
We had fun last night!
awww, I laugh every time I think of Gracie Claire saying "Hannie"..I remember wanting to marry my dad and my grandpa...that is the sweetest thing. I saw a shirt the other day that read "I've already met my Prince, his name is Daddy"
Post a Comment