Saturday night after church, Gracie Claire and Sydney went home with BigPa and Gigi (my parents) to spend the night. Gracie Claire has done this several times, but this was Sydney's first sleepover. They were both super excited! My parents told us the most precious story the next day when they brought the girls back home.
Gracie Claire took her fave movie of the moment -- "Annie" -- to watch with BigPa and Gigi. They got about halfway through the movie when mom took Sydney in to put her down for bed. Sydney wasn't thrilled, so mom stayed with her for a little while, only getting up when she thought Sydney was asleep. Sydney never went to sleep. Mom said she kept feeling for her face and whispering, "Gigi...Gigi," just to make sure she was still there. Finally, she got up and let her cry a little. Then my Dad went to try to comfort for a little while. No luck there either. Sydney is my stubborn girl. Finally, "Annie" ended and BigPa and Gigi brought Gracie Claire in. After Dad and Mom tucked them in and left, Sydney started up again and then Gracie Claire started in. When Gigi asked why she was crying, Gracie Claire said, "Sydney is waking me up!" Dad and Mom reminded her that she was the big sister and that Sydney is always watching her, so if she doesn't cry, that might help Sydney stop crying. Trying again, they left to Sydney still fussing and then heard a sweet little voice say, "Syd, do you want me to tell you a story?" BigPa and Gigi said they stood outside of the door and listened to Gracie Claire tell Sydney three stories. When she finished with the last one, she asked Sydney if she wanted another and didn't get a response (because Syd had fallen asleep,) so my big girl rolled over and went to sleep herself. What a precious big sister my Gracie Claire is to her little sisters. I just love being their Mommy!
Life is a beach
7 years ago

3 comments:
AWWWW!!! I love hearing stories like that. What a great girl you have! Keep up the great work!
Even though you told me this story yesterday... I got teary reading it again today. I'm glad you posted it. I wish I had a sister.
Love you!
E
THat is pretty much the sweetest thing I've ever heard! What a special relationship already and I'm sure Gracie Claire is learning by watching what a great big sister you are, too.
Post a Comment