- This morning I woke up very early, although not as early as most days, and drove on 3 different highways to take my ESL Supplemental test to become ESL certified. I've always gotten a little bit of test anxiety and today was no different, but now that it's over I feel like a big weight has been lifted. All I have to do is wait for the results, which I hope you will all pray will be passing. Thanks in advance. I actually enjoyed preparing for the test. I think I took so much for granted when I was in college and now I really enjoy studying. Learning is such a gift.
- Sticking to the topic of education...I really want to see the movie "Waiting For Superman." It's a documentary about the current state of public education and how it is affecting our children. There are days that go by that I really wish I was a stay at home mommy still, but then I wonder why God weaved our path the way that he did and really try to look at the responsibility I have as a teacher. I know I'm in the classroom again for a big purpose. The kids that I come into contact with everyday are looking to me to provide them with a meaningful and powerful education. My influence on these little ones will affect them for the rest of their lives. That's a really big responsibility. I don't take it lightly...and no teacher should.
- We had our first parent/teacher conference as parents on Friday. I told Gracie Claire that we were having to talk to Mrs. Bufe about her bad behavior. :) Of course she is the perfect kindergartner ;) so there were only wonderful things to be said. Ummm...can I tell you how much she has grown in just the first six weeks of school when it comes to what she has learned?! It's crazy amazing I tell you! Her writing is awesome (meaning stories, ideas, spelling, etc.) and her reading makes me smile from ear to ear! I love hearing her read to me! The goals that Mrs. Bufe has planned for her are AWESOME! Again...learning rocks! Just a little side story that has nothing to do with her learning, but everything to do with her awesome personality. Last week was bully free week at school. Every morning, our amazing counselor read a bully buster over the announcements and kids could share their solution to the problem by filling out a card and sticking it in a box. Mrs. R would draw a few names the next day and read their answers over the intercom and those students would win a prize. Gracie Claire was pumped about answering the bully buster each day. On Friday, her name was drawn from the box. My class was in the hallway at that moment and so I got to see her run out of her classroom as she was on her way to the office to get her prize. She ran to me and hugged me as she giggled and grinned from ear to ear. She also hugged Ms. Morris and several of the kids from my class. She was beyond thrilled! My heart was so full at that exact moment. I loved getting to see her so proud. It rocked!
- If you know my Sydney you know that she loves her blankie, baby monkey, and Hank. If it were up to her, she would take them everywhere. At 3, she is also still loving her thumb. I haven't even tried to help her break the habit. No judgements. More than those things though, she L-O-V-E-S her sisters. She loves when Gracie Claire gets home from school and she loves playing with Molly all day. It's one of her greatest qualities. I know as they grow, they're going to be best sister/friends. I love that about her. I also love that she is into telling us jokes right now. One of her latest...S: Knock, Knock, Me: Who's there?, S: Underwear, Me: Underwear who?, S: You don't take a shower with underwear! Ha! Love that she tries!
Sydster with Blankie, Hank, and Baby Monkey :)
- Molly, Molly, Molly. The Mollinator is definitely her own person. I love that about her, but she's definitely in training to have stitches or broken bones or something. This kid has no fear. NONE. Her climbing abilities are frightening. Her sneakiness is brilliant, but scary. Her sense of humor is hilarious and she is a comedian at heart. She loves to sing, dance, and run. She absolutely loves her sisters and she can't wait to play with "Didney" (Sydney) everyday. She's a bit of a Daddy's girl. She loves singing the ABC song and Jesus Loves Me. Her talking is out of control and we're understanding more and more of it everyday. The below picture says a lot about our Mollinator. How I love her!
She used herself as a canvas. She looks great in green marker, don't you think?!
- Last weekend we celebrated my dad's birthday and my parent's 35th wedding anniversary. I'm so thankful for a dad who has loved my brother, sister, and I the way that he has. His example has shown us how to raise our own kids, love them, and treat them. Dad--you're awesome! I love you so much! Thank you for allowing me to be your favorite! ;) My parents celebrated 35 years on October 4th. Their marriage hasn't been perfect, but it's shown all of us how to get through even the toughest of times. Their marriage has been one that has taught us how to trust in the Lord and place Him first! Thank you Mom and Dad for loving each other and showing us what a marriage centered in Him is all about! We all HEART you!
- Today is my sister-in-law Sharon's due date. My newest niece, Isabelle, is coming soon. Will it be today? We'll see!! :) I can't wait to meet her! I love her already!
- I'm off to spend the rest of the day and tomorrow (WOOT--NO SCHOOL TOMORROW! THANK YOU CHRIS COLUMBUS...YOU ROCK!) with my fantacular fam. Love them so much! 'Til next time peeps!!





No comments:
Post a Comment