
The restaurant was called Acadiana Cafe. It's a Cajun/Creole seafood restaurant. One word -- YUMMO!!! It had such a homey, comfortable feeling and the service was magnifico! Besides the food, one of the best things about this place was that kids 6 and under get a free dinner with each purchase of an adult meal. This means that all 5 of us ate for the price of 2! (We only ordered 2 dinners for the girls to share plus they ate from our plates.) Who doesn't love fab food at a cheap price?!

While we waited, Molly enjoyed chewin' on a lemon...

and Paul, GC, and Syd listened to each other's tummies rumble.
Now on to the food! They had a huge menu...gumbo, po' boys, étouffée, and all the fried seafood you could imagine. I picked the fried crawfish tails...Holla!! They were so, so good!! Seasoned perfectly with just the right amount of spice. For my sides I chose chicken 'n' dumplings, brocolli and cheese, and hush puppies. I left five pounds heavier with no regrets...it was so, so delish.

Grab a cup to catch the drool that's dripping from your mouth friend!
What did I have to quench my thirst, you ask?

A giant glass of sweet tea. Yum.

This is Paul's plate...fried catfish, fried shrimp, fried oysters, a crab-cake, black eyed peas, green beans, and hush puppies. My parents would L-O-V-E this place.

This is me and my plate before...

and this is what it looked like after. Don't worry...I ate that last bite of hush puppy.
So friends...on this, the second day of our Blog Challenge, I leave you with this--if you are ever in San Antonio near Sea World, go eat at Acadiana Cafe. It will make you gain weight and not feel guilty about it.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:
I love the before and after plate!! Looks YUMMY :) :)
Post a Comment