There are lots of random things floating around inside of my head lately...shocking, I know. :)
Today is April 19th. One month from today is Paul's and my anniversary! How have 10 years flown by so quickly?! I will be posting more on this, obviously, but I just had to point out the one month from today thing.
Easter is this weekend! I love Easter. It's a reminder of what we should be thinking about daily...that our Savior lives! He didn't stay dead. He rose. For us! A more specific post to come on Easter as well!
One of my very favorite songs lately is "You Hold Me Now" by Sevenglory. Their version isn't on YouTube, so I posted Hillsong United's version...not as good (a little drawn out) in my opinion, but the words are what's awesome.
Molly is almost completely potty trained. Nights and poopin' in the potty are our big goals right now. She's got the peepee thing down. More on this to come.
My husband rocks. He just does. He cooks, does laundry, cleans, is an amazing Daddy and Husband, and the list could go on. Just wanted to acknowledge his awesomeness again.
I love Jack Bauer. Seriously.
Change is hard. We're going to be going through lots of changes soon. Paul will start his internship the week after Gracie Claire and I get out of school. It's going to be weird not having him around all of the time. A little sad. But, this has been the goal all along. I know God has an amazing future in store for him and our family. We don't know yet what all that entails, but we know He is in control and that's what matters. I'm looking forward to a relaxing summer with my little ladies. I will continue working next year...at least that is what the plan is. You never know what God may have in mind. Since the plan is for me to keep working, our 2 littlest ladies will be in the care of someone besides Paul or me. I have to be honest and say that it makes me a little sick to my stomach to think about it. I need to get something lined up for them but I keep putting it off. I pray every morning for God to provide the right situation and for peace for me. If you'd like to shoot a little prayer up for this situation, I'd love it! :)
I've been thinking a lot about how we (Christians) look to others. Our job as believers is to live for Him and to share His love and message with everyone around us. I don't think that standing on street corners yelling at people as they pass, passing out tracts, or telling them they are sinners is the answer. I believe that living a life that looks different, loving them like Jesus would, and not doing obnoxious "Christian" things that look ridiculous to them are some of the most important things we can do. I know for a fact (because of conversations I've had recently) that our overemotional response and "Spirit-filled" actions don't make being a Christian appealing. In fact, they do the opposite of what we are called to do. They turn people off. You don't have to tell me that having a relationship with Christ isn't emotional...I feel like my relationship with Him has grown leaps and bounds over the last couple of years. I am emotional about Him, but using that emotional blather and forcing those emotions on the outside world isn't drawing people to Him. We are called to be in the world, but not of it. I went from being a stay-at-home mom who spent all of my time with other SAHM who went to my church to spending my day with children from all backgrounds, co-workers from all backgrounds, and parents from all backgrounds. I think part of what God wanted me to learn through our experience the last couple of years is that I'm here for one purpose...to live my life for Him. Do I live my life for Him to experience His love for just myself or do I live my life for Him to spread his love to whoever I come in to contact with? The answer is obvious. I don't write this to pass judgement. No, just the opposite. I write this to help me remember what my purpose is. Plus...these are MY Tuesday thoughts, right?? :)
Ummm...wow. This got long. I shall now end my Tuesday Thoughts. :) Peace Out, Peeps!
I am the wife of the best husband, the mommy of the greatest, most precious girls, the teacher of the most awesome students, and the child of the Most High King! I have been given the best life and I strive to live it for Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment