Friday, February 25, 2011

Boosterthon Fun Run!

The school I teach at has been working hard to get pledges to help raise money for our PTA. The guys that they bring in are amazing at pumping the kids up and reinforcing good character traits for the kids as they raise money for our school. The goal is to get as many pledges as you can per lap for the Fun Run that is held to celebrate! Gracie Claire was pumped to get pledges. She is a great salesperson...especially when it comes to BigPa (whom she got to pledge twice) and PaPaw (whom she also got to pledge twice.) Our principal gave all of the kids a challenge...if the whole school received a pledge from all 50 states, the teachers would have to dress up in costume. I had to be out that day so I missed out on all the fun, but Paul went up to school to cheer Gracie Claire on! He also played paparazzi and got some great pictures of some of my teammates! HA! They may kill me for posting them, but I couldn't resist! He also got some great ones of Cruella (my principal - Suzie) and one of her dalmatians (my asst. principal - Lisa.) I love him for it! :)

(L) Gracie Claire's biggest fans ready to cheer her on! (R) The course...

This girl was super pumped!

Ready to run!

...and she's off! She did 30 laps! Amazing, I know...especially since she has some of my side of the family in her! If you know how my family runs, then you are definitely amazed! The day after the fun run, the Boosterthon guys announced that 16 laps was a mile! This Kindergirl ran almost 2 miles!! What, what!!

She did have to stop for a water break every so often though...this was on her second lap! HA!

The ah-mazing people I work with...

(L) Rock Star Mary...or is it Snookie?! (R) Cruella

(L) Cruella and Dalmatian (R) Jessica is so excited about all of this running!

Molly was enthralled with all that was going on, but how can you not love these faces! Seriously!?

No comments: