Monday, February 14, 2011

Gracie Claire Turns 6!

Our big girl turned 6 today! I can't imagine life without our beautiful, precious, hilarious Gracie Claire. She made me a Mommy and I'm so thankful for her!

Dear Gracie Claire,

I can't believe that you are 6 years old today! You have grown into a wonderful little person who is full of personality, is extremely smart, is beautiful on the outside and, most importantly, on the inside. You love people. You have a way of drawing people to you and I know that Jesus is using that to draw people closer to Him.

Some of my favorite things that you do/say right now are...

  • "Mommy, can I speak something in your ear."
  • You love to read. Reading was one of the things you were most nervous about when you started Kindergarten. You have become an awesome reader.
  • You love speaking in an English accent. It cracks us up and then drives us nuts!
  • You like correcting BigPa on his pronunciation of certain words.
  • You love to play teacher.
  • When you make a video you sign off by saying, "This is Gracie Claire Aslin from the Aslin family and I'll see you tomorrow!" We think you might have a future in broadcasting.
  • You've picked up on some of Mommy's sayings..."That's so crazy," "I can't believe it," "What in the world," "That is freaking me out," just to name a few.
  • You are still a huge fan of your Elmo doll. He is matted and disgusting, but you never go to sleep without him.

There are so many more things I could list here, but these are a few of my favorites!

You have a certain way with the people who are around you. People just love you and that is because you love them. The kids who are "different" are some of your favorite people. You have a compassion for them and always find the good in them. You openly tell your friends about Jesus and aren't afraid to do so. We hope that never changes. Always use your love for those around you to bring people closer to the One who made you!

You love your "sishters." They are your best friends and the people you love to play with the most. You love teaching them new things and being in charge. They can't wait for you to get home from school to play.

You love being with Mommy and Daddy. I'm hoping that will never change. Tonight you asked if your last birthday treat could be to sleep in our bed with us.

Gracie Claire, I pray that you will grow up to do mighty things for Jesus' Kingdom. We can already see how He is using you. When you were born 6 years ago, we never could have imagined what an amazing little person God was lending to us. You are an awesome daughter and Daddy and I couldn't be more proud of you! Thank you for showing me the greatness of being a Mommy! I love you my sweet Gracie Claire!

Love,

Mommy

No comments: