Monday, May 30, 2011

The Little Ladies

I haven't done an update on just them in a while...so, here we go!

Gracie Claire has almost finished her first year of school. It is so, completely bittersweet. I can't even believe how fast this year has gone by and I can't believe how much she has learned and grown this year. She has been the perfect picture of a kindergartner! One of the things that she was really nervous about at the beginning of the school year was learning to read. Without sounding like a giant bragger, I have to say that she is an amazing reader! She loves reading and has flown through with ease. She has also become an amazing writer. I love reading all of her writing pieces that she brings home. She is beyond ready for first grade. We have been so blessed with her teacher this year and I can't put into words how thankful we are for her. She was the perfect fit for Gracie Claire and I would be lying if I didn't say that she is one of the reasons we are finding it hard for Gracie Claire to move on from Kindergarten. She was an answer to prayer for our big girl. Gracie Claire has even said recently, "I want to be in Kindergarten forever!" So...thank you, Melissa. You don't even know how special you are to Gracie Claire and to us! She loves you and I love you sweet friend!

Some other little tid-bits about our big girl...
-She uses amazing vocabulary and she uses it correctly! Some words she has used recently include terrifying, inappropriate, and respectful. "The ending of that movie was terrifying!" (She was referring to The Great Mouse Detective. I know. So scary.) She has also referred to outfits and words as being "inappropriate." She tells her sisters that they're not being respectful to her. HA! The girl is ridiculously smart. Yeah...I'm a giant bragger. Oh well.
-She was recently given a little stuffed longhorn and immediately gave her new little friend a name. Horny. Yep, you read that right. Her longhorn's name is Horny. I love the pure innocence of it. :)
-She is so in tune with our faith and asks lots of questions about Jesus. She recently asked us and my Dad about Heaven. She also knows about hell and recently asked if we knew anyone who has gone to hell. It really puts into perspective what a ginormous influence we, as parents, have on our children. They will hopefully, one day, make a choice to follow Jesus, but while they are little, it's so, so important for us to teach them and live according to what we have put our faith in. They're listening and watching.
-LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Gracie Claire!

Sydney Hope just finished Jr. Pre-K. How can my sweet Sydster be 4?! This girl keeps us on our toes. Most people are in shock and awe when I tell them what a stinker she can be. She has the sweetest little voice, a smile that melts hearts, and a funny little personality. She also likes to push her limits with her mama. :) My little blondie, with hair to her waist, melts my heart too. Even on the days that she spills sprinkles in the pantry, rubs sunscreen all over herself, and changes her clothes 5 billion times. Don't even ask where I am when she does these things. The girl works fast I tell ya. I don't even want to think about her having one more year before she scoots off to Kinder. These days are really flying by way too fast. *Sigh!*

Sydney has been giving us memorable time too...
-This girl is going to be our little musician. She loves instruments and wants to be a rockstar much of the time. This morning she begged P to get his guitar out. She wanted to play it. And play it, she did! :)
-A few of the funny things she has said lately include: referring to an onion as a "youngin", telling us that she wants to marry one of her little friends from school because he sucks his thumb too (Oh yes...she still sucks her thumb!), and referring to Paul and I as "brudder (brother) and sister" when she is acting like the Mommy. This is a daily ritual. :)
-She loves saying prayers...especially right before bedtime. She always says the sweetest little prayers and is so sincere. She also loves giving me a kiss, zerbet, butterfly kiss, and an eskimo kiss when I kiss her goodnight.
-LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Sydney Hope!

Molly Joy is 2 1/2. Where has my baby gone?! She is still my baby (as all three of them are) and I still refer to her as such. Gracie Claire recently asked me if Molly was a baby or a toddler. Paul told her she was a toddler and I quickly told her she would always be my baby. This girl is our risk taker. She has absolutely no fear. She jumps from tall heights, she attacks people much bigger than her, and she tries things that the other two would run from. She will be our first child to break a bone. I just know it. Even with her tough exterior, she has a very soft heart. It is as tender as they come. A stern word makes her bottom lip pop out and brings a tear almost immediately. She's our soft-hearted, risk-taking, funny girl.

Molly's funnies as of late...
-She is obsessed with Dora. She would watch it 24/7 if we'd let her. She refers to Dora as "Dorla" and her favorite character is Swiper the fox. This is not surprising if you know our Molly Joy. She and Swiper would probably be the best of friends.
-Molly is officially potty trained! She is completely out of pull-ups, even at night and during naps! WOOHOO!! No more diapers at this casa! Anyway, she is very regular, if you know what I mean, and she has a potty ritual that makes us laugh every time. When she drops a turd, she will say to us, "That's a mommy one," or "That's a daddy one," based on it's size. She also has "baby and sister ones." Ha! She's my daughter for sure.
-This girl is a talker. Her talking has become so clear recently and I love having conversations with her. She is my little snuggle bug too. She loves giving us kisses and hugs.
-LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Molly Joy!

I am so incredibly blessed to be the Mommy of these 3 precious gifts. I am in awe that God chose me to be their Mommy. They are my joys!

No comments: