Monday, May 02, 2011

Lately

Lots of random happenings that must be mentioned...

*First, I have decided to go on sabbatical from facebook. I spend too much time on that thing. So, for May, I'm no longer a facebooker. We'll see how it goes! No pictures for that topic. On to the next.

*Storms: I love them. They are awesome. We've needed the rain so much and I'm thankful we've gotten a couple straight days of it!

*Molly's Burn and Going Potty: Molly has given me lots to blog about lately. She is a silly girl. The first story isn't silly, but sad. You may think I'm a horrible mother after reading it. I was helping GC with a school project that involved the use of a glue gun. The glue gun was sitting right next to me when Molly crawled up beside me. I said, "Molly, do not touch that...it's HOT!" Not 2 seconds later...you guessed it! Screams, crying (from both me and her), and calling my paramedic brother for burn first aid advice. Sigh. I felt awful. But, I bet she never touches a hot thing again. Hopefully.

The Mollinator has done a fab job potty training. She has gotten the poopie thing down...after much fighting. The pictures pretty much explain. The first shows how she felt about pooping in the potty, the second shows how she felt when poop happened. We've passed through this stage, thankfully, and she no longer has a cow on the toilet. Hallelujah.

Do you not love the photo editing I did on the second one?? She was pretty much without clothes, so I added a lovely neon dress! :)

*Bugs: Gracie Claire had an insect project to do last week. She had to write down some facts and build an insect. She chose a walking stick. I love how it turned out! No...I'm not ashamed that I helped her. Maybe, though, if I'd have let her do it on her own, Molly would have fingerprints one day.

*Fave Phone Pics: I take way more pictures with my phone than with my actual camera. It's just so much more convenient. Here are some recent faves...


I love these two pictures with my littlest ladies!

Date night!! Woohoo!!


Some major piggy tail hair! :)

*Miss Briggles: I have my first student teacher this year! I have loved the experience of having one...and that's mostly because she's OW-SOME! Seriously, she has done so well and is a great teacher. I am sad and depressed because she is leaving me after this week.


How do you not love someone who does crazy science experiments with you or wears an interdependence crown or move things around to crack you up or mess with your severe OCD??!


*Video: Most of the video we take is on our phones too. Some of my recent faves...



Molly singing Jesus "lubs" me is definitely going to be played at her wedding one day!



We are slightly obsessed with "Tangled" at our house right now. If you haven't seen it, you're crazy and the above video will make no sense to you. My favorite part (which gets cut off) is at the very end when Sydney says Gracie Claire is Mother Gothel and she is Rapunzel. Try to catch the look on GC's face! HA!

*African Cats: We took the girls, yes all 3--even Molly, to see African Cats last weekend. I know. Stop shaking your heads. Taking Molly to a movie is crazy. I know this. Still, we had a fun time. We LOVE National Geographic type shows. 4 words...GOD IS SO COOL! I definitely recommend it!!



*Praying Mantises: Not for sure if that is the correct plural of "mantis", but whatever. We, as in the first grade of the school district I work for, hatch praying mantises to observe during our life science unit. It really is amazing! 100-200 come out of a pod that is about the size of a small plum. Crazy nuts! Again...GOD IS SO COOL!


OK...I'm done for now. Lots, I know. Peace out!

No comments: