Friday, May 27, 2011

10...Part 2

Paul and I went to the Gaylord last weekend to celebrate. I rushed home from school, got dressed, packed my bag (P already had the girls' bag packed--I know, I'm the luckiest girl ever!), and we took the little ladies to BigPa's and Gigi's for the weekend. Paul did a fabuloso job at booking everything. We had "celebrity" check-in, had a huge room with its own living room, a sitting area, and the bedroom, and we had reservations at the steak house that's right there in the Gaylord. It was so fun just sitting and talking and remembering all the things that have happened over the last 10 years. Some of those things include, but are not limited to, traveling to Hawaii, the Caribbean, London, the Mediterranean, little spots in Texas, living in our little apartment, buying and building our 1st house, selling it, and then buying and building this one, both of us graduating college, starting my teaching career, quitting to be a stay-at-home Mommy, then going back to work unexpectedly, Paul having a couple different management jobs, being laid off, and then going back to school, having the 3 most amazing little blessings ever, and growing and walking in our faith together. (Excuse the rather long run-on sentence.) That steak house dinner convo was a good one, fo sho. After dinner we enjoyed watching TV. We still don't have cable or satellite at home. It was so great watching programming that didn't include Elmo, Dora, Boots, Swiper, Barney, or DJ Lance.
Saturday morning we got up (I woke up at 5:30...seriously internal clock? Give it a rest!) and headed to the Riverwalk Cantina for the breakfast buffet. GLOOOOOORIOUS! I love food. After breakfast we had a couples massage. We've never done this before and I would be lying if I didn't say I was a little apprehensive. The massage was great. The "couples" part just meant that we were in the same room while we got our massage. Thank goodness, because I would've run for the hills if they would've tried to make it romantic. I'm not so good with the public romance thing. Anyway, when we checked in at the spa, they led me to a ladies' locker room area (only a little fancier) and led Paul to the guys' side. The first weird thing that happened was that I had to disrobe in front of lots of women. Now, I grew up playing sports and having to deal with locker room situations, but we were at a nice spa. I expected my own private dressing/undressing area. I don't like getting nude in front of strange women--or any woman for that matter, and I for sure don't like seeing other women get nude. It's weird. Really weird. And I would be lying again if I didn't say that it's hard not to look when saggy bags are released from ginormous brassieres. Anyway...the weirdest part of all was the couples lounge. If I would've gotten a massage by myself, without Paul, I would've stayed in the ladies' waiting area, but instead, they led me, in my lovely robe and rubber flip flops, to the couples waiting area. WEIRDEST. THING. EVER. There were men sitting there in their robes *GAG* just chillin' with their lemon water and peppermint scrubs. I wanted to turn and run. I didn't like sitting there in only a robe with a bunch of nude men. *GAG* Paul loved every second of seeing me uncomfortable. I'm sure the look on my face told everyone in that room that they all made me sick. Boy was I glad when our sweet masseuses appeared. They were AWE-SOME and so professional. The massage was lovely.

When we finished up at the spa (I sure did high-tail it past that couples' lounge when we were done and do some of my fancy drape the robe over my whole body as I get re-dressed underneath moves) we walked all over the Gaylord (it's ridiculously amazing) and then headed to Grapevine Mills. We saw two, yes two movies, and had a fab time. We made it to see "Bridesmaids" during the "dinner and a movie" showing. Fab. Loved reclining in the big, oversized seats, eating my chicken tenders and fries and laughing so hard that I cried. "Bridesmaids" = HI-LAR-E-US! Definitely inappropriate, but so, so funny. Loved it! After the first movie, we strolled around the mall and did a bit of shopping and then saw the new Pirates movie. I've heard some people say that they didn't like it as much as the first few, but I liked it just as much! I heart Johnny Depp. Definitely a different dude, but I just love him. When we got back to the hotel, we ate dinner at the Riverwalk Cantina again and then headed back up to our room. We were both asleep pretty early. I know. We're old and lame. But who doesn't love extra sleep?!


The next morning we had another fat-tastic breakfast buffet and then took our time getting packed, watching some more TV, and then heading out to go get our girlies. We both missed them lots. Definitely more than they missed us. They had a fab time with BigPa and Gigi, and we had such a great weekend with just the two of us laughing, talking, planning, remembering, and laughing some more. It was awesome. Thanks babe. Love you.

No comments: