Monday, November 21, 2011

It's A Christmas Ornament Kind of Day

I've been a pinning fool on Pinterest, but don't do many of the ideas that I pin, so I figured that this week would be a crafty kind of week.  I've heard of/seen salt dough ornaments before, but have never made them with the girls.  So, we started as soon as we were done eating breakfast.  The girls loved getting to do something to get ready for Christmas and I loved being able to do it with them!  Oh how I love being a stay at home mommy this week!
 Just in case you were wondering, I used 4 cups of flour, 1 cup of salt, and 1 1/2 cups of water.  I had to knead quite a bit to get it to the right texture, but it was so worth it for the little ladies!
 Cutting out their ornaments...
 I love their handprints!
 L.O.V.E
 Cooling off...
 Instead of using acrylic paints, we used paint markers.  A little less mess and just as fun! :)
 They each got to make five to put up on the Christmas trees that go in their rooms. :)
They loved getting to do this.  I loved watching.  :)

No comments: