Thursday, December 01, 2011

30 Days of Thankfulness

Though I think counting our blessings is and should be a huge part of living out each day, even if we aren't in the Thanksgiving holiday season, I've been participating in the "30 Days of Thankfulness" status update thing on fb.  It's been fun to focus on one particular thing each day to post about.  I know I could go way past 30, but here are my 30 blessings I picked to post...

Day 1: Today (and everyday) I'm thankful for Jesus! He is my Lord, Savior, and Friend!
Day 2: I am so thankful for my amazing hubs. He was made for me. He loves me even when I am completely unlovable, he is my favorite person to laugh with, he's an the BEST daddy, he cooks, he's my best friend, he loves the Lord so much, and on top of all of that, he's hot! So thankful! ♥
Day 3: I am so thankful for my 3 little ladies! Being their Mommy brings me such great joy! God answered my prayers with these 3 precious gifts! Love them more than I can say! ♥
Day 4: So thankful for my wonderful parents!! They're fun, love me for me, and taught me how to love the Lord!! Love you Momina and Daddio!!
Day 5: Today I am thankful for my little brother and sister--not only are they my siblings, but they're two of my best friends! Love you bubs and Gracielia!
Day 6: I'm so thankful for a job that I love doing! God provided this job for us when we really needed it and it has blessed us more than I can say! I love teaching and am thankful for my sweet students and the amazing people I've come to know. Teaching rocks! :)
Day 7: I am thankful for doctors today. Especially our pediatrician, who rocks.
Day 8: Today I am thankful that I was born! :) Thank you to all of my sweet friends, far and near, who made my day even more special by taking a minute to wish me a happy birthday! ♥
Day 9: I'm so thankful for friends. The ones that come and go and those that are everlasting. So thankful for the ones I can go months or even years w/o seeing and it's like no time has passed when we're back together. #friendsrock
Day 10: I'm so thankful I have the coolest sisters-in-law & brothers-in-law ever! You rock Sandra, Nkere, Jeremy, Sharon, Cassie, and Zack!
Day 11: I'm very thankful for my freedom and the men and women who sacrifice so much so we can have that freedom!
Day 12: I am so thankful for my grandparents! They raised Godly children and are the funnest, most loving grandparents to ALL of their grandkids. I miss my Grandpas and can't wait to see them again one day in Heaven. I love my Grandmas, who make me laugh and are the picture of what grandmas should be. Love you Pat Davis Mallette and Mary Ann Siltman (who does not have FB...let alone a computer.) So, so thankful for all of you!!
Day 13: I am very thankful for my in-laws, Mike & Janice Aslin and Carl & MaryLee Alford. I'm thankful that they love me. I love them too! :)
Day 14: I'm thankful for music. All kinds. Life would be boring without it.Day 15: Right now I'm really thankful that there are only 3 school days left until Thanksgiving break. So, so ready for 9 straight days with my little ladies, time with the hubs, rest, good food, time to read, and no days of dressing professionally. :)
Day 16: I'm thankful for laughter. It's one of my favorite things to do.
Day 17: I'm really thankful for the blessing of getting to travel to all of the places I've gotten to. I heart traveling.
Day 18: SO thankful it's Friday and, after today, I don't have to go back to work for nine days!!!!
Day 19: I'm thankful that I'm getting ready to go for a little hike with my hubs in the woods! ♥
Day 20: So thankful for my hubs. This is a repeat, but I think he deserves it. :) He's the best...my best friend, completely made for me. I couldn't ask for more. ♥
Day 21: Today I'm thankful that we've already got salt dough ornaments in the oven, we're going to start decorating later today, and, most of all, that I'm a stay at home mommy all week--the best job ever! ♥
Day 22: I am so thankful and overwhelmed with love for my daughters. They're loving, funny, sweet, and beautiful inside and out. I couldn't ask for more! ♥
Day 23: I'm thankful today that Christmas decorations are almost completely up! It was so fun decorating with the girls! ♥
Day 24: I am so thankful for my family. I'm thankful to be a wife, mommy, daughter, sister, and aunt and to have people in my life who love me no matter what! I'm especially thankful for Jesus...who gave me my family.
Day 25: Today I'm thankful that I'm done shopping for my girls...all from the comfort of my home! Lines, crowds, and no sleep are not for me! So, I'm also thankful for a full night of sleep. :)
Day 26: Today I'm so thankful for the material blessings I've been given...a nice home, 2 cars in the garage, nice furniture, a closet full of clothes and shoes, and so many more things. Things are temporary and, in the big scheme of things, so unimportant, but I'm grateful nonetheless.
Day 27: Thankful for time to worship this morning and now a yummo lunch with my little fam. ♥
Day 28: I'm so thankful for the many times per day that my daughters make me laugh with the things they say. After being denied gum before bedtime, Molly says to me through teary eyes, "Mommy, you make my heart broke!" ♥
Day 29: So thankful, again, for my hubs. I'm totally blessed to have someone who loves me with all of my faults and when I am weird. He rocks. Love him so much! ♥
Day 30: I'm so thankful for the birth of Jesus. I love this season of celebrating Him. It's my favorite. So thankful for Him! ♥

No comments: