Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Eve

We had a pretty laid back day on Christmas Eve.  We hung around the house and took a few pictures of the girls in front of the tree and then headed out to our Christmas Eve service.  I love being able to celebrate by worshipping!  It's one of my absolute favorite things we do!
 Our most treasured gifts!!  Love them so much!
 ~Christmas Eve Service at The Hills~
The end of the service always ends with the lighting of all of the candles.  It's so beautiful to look out over the whole auditorium and see all of the candles lit, reminding us of The LIGHT of the world.  We are so truly blessed by the birth of our Saviour!
After Candlelight Service, we headed over to Paul's Granny's house for our annual Christmas celebration with Paul's whole extended family.  We always have a great time seeing everyone and watching Granny and the all of the kids open their presents.  I'm really blessed to have a great family of "in-laws!"  We listened to Paul's cousin Brian read the story of Jesus' birth from the Bible and heard his cousin Jennifer sing (this is also a tradition--and she's really good!)  We ate Mama's Pizza (an Aslin family favorite and maybe a new tradition?!)  It was a fun time of celebrating together!
 Our sweet nephew and niece -- Parker and Izzy...who was snacking on a rubber ducky! :)
 Our Sweet Nephew Cy
 Sweet Granny
We had a great Christmas Eve!  And because I didn't have these pics when I posted about our Christmas with Papaw and Janny, I have to post them now.  I have really fun in-laws! :)  Oh--and another big family picture will be coming soon of our Christmas at Granny's.


No comments: