Sunday, February 22, 2009

Blessed

Some of you probably don't know that Paul was laid off from Fidelity about three weeks ago. He called me as I was walking out the door for Tuesday morning Bible study. My first reaction was panic. Many things ran through my head as the tears rolled down my face. We have three kids, a new house, bills to pays, etc. Paul, being that his spiritual gift is faith, was telling me in a tone that was as if he were telling me he was taking the day off to spend some extra time with us. He's amazing -- always trusting that God has it handled. I decided I didn't want to head to Bible study, but he encouraged me to go. On the way, I called my parents, who both reminded me that God had a plan and He was in control; that He would provide for all of our needs. During my prayer group at church, my awesome friends prayed for our family. We have felt the prayers of everyone who is praying for us. We've experienced so much blessing from our Lord too. We are so grateful for how He has provided for us. For me, He has provided very real reminders of just how blessed we are. When I have down days, He has reminded me through the trials of others that our trial, though very real, is nothing compared to what others are going through. He has also blessed us through the generosity of others as well as a couple of surprises along the way. A lady that my Dad works with sent us a gift card to Albertson's. My parents are taking care of the girls' school tuition and expenses. Paul's mom took us to Sam's and loaded us up. We received a refund check in the mail from my OB, because we'd overpaid when Molly was born. Paul received payment for vacation days he'd not taken (which he knew about, but had forgotten about...so it was a welcome surprise.) I remembered some money that I have in a small business account that I have that is there if we need it. We're getting a refund from the good 'ol IRS. And the blessings just keep on rolling in. Paul was given 2 1/2 months of severance, so we really feel like God will give him the right job at the right time. In saying all of this, can I ask that all who read this pray for us? We really believe, even though I struggle with worry and doubt sometimes, that God IS in control.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

I have written your name on the palms of my hands. Your walls are never out of my sight.
Isaiah 49:16

5 comments:

Lori said...

Manda,

I'll definitely be praying for God's provisions, reassurance and comfort during this time. I know it's different when it's the main bread winner, but I was laid off Friday as well.

Courtney said...

We'll be praying!

the daums said...

I'm praying for you guys!
Becky

Sarah Lou said...

Amanda,
We have been praying nightly that God would bless your family with a job that is a perfect fit for yall. I think of what you guys are going through as "faith strength training"! God is good and will provide, what a testament you are to others in these difficult times.

Kendra said...

I know this is a tough time . . .but I sure love how the Lord reveals His faithfulness so completely when we HAVE to take Him at His word and lean on Him for provision. He is
GOOD - He will never leave you nor forsake you. He has a GOOD plan, and one that will make Him look good! Get ready to shout out some major praise!!