Monday, February 02, 2009

The Stock Show Without The Rodeo

Paul and I took the girls to the FW Stock Show and Rodeo this weekend and it was lots of fun...stinky fun, but fun nonetheless. We walked through all of the showing arenas, saw the children's barn, held miniature goats, and watched some of the cattle auction -- which was actually pretty interesting. We didn't get to see any rodeo action, but maybe that can be an outing for another time. I'm glad we took the girls. They loved it!

The girls each got to hold their own mini goat. Paul said Syd was shaking with excitement while she waited for hers.

She wrapped her tiny arms all the way around that stinkin' goat! (The thing really did stink!)

So Fun!

Overjoyed!

Gracie Claire loved it! She named her goat Pepper.

Molly just napped and chilled. She's such a sweet baby!

Two of Our Cowgirls

Posing by the Risky End of the Cattle

3 comments:

Sarah Lou said...

ohhh, that end DOES look risky, and particularly smelly :)

Anonymous said...

Amanda, love your moments getting to see the pictures of the girls and mom & dad too. love you all granny

Leilanni said...

What fun pictures! We love the stock show - we did the goat thing last year with Ellie and she was not particularly thrilled. Neither was I when I had to fish my (slobbery) shoelace out of a goat's mouth. But it did make for a fun memory :-)