Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I've Become A Reader...

I've mentioned books I've read on here before, so it may come as a surprise to some of you that I'm not the most avid of readers. I like to read, but it's hard to find books that catch my attention. Maybe it's because I was forced to read things like "Lord of the Flies" and "Le Morte d'Arthur" for my English classes in high school. I know I should give those stories another whirl, but frankly, I loathed them then, and I'd probably loathe them now. No offense to all of you English Lit. teachers out there...but, come on. Anyway, I'm loving my reading lately. If you have any fab suggestions, send them my way! By the way, I realize I'm a teacher, and I'm suppose to be teaching my students the love of reading (which I do), but let me just say that I do not use anything but amazing children's literature in my classroom. Children's books are a whole other topic. I LOVE them, and I think I have a pretty nice little library in my classroom. So, no problems there! :)

I'm about 3/4 of the way through "The Help"...and I love it! If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it! I might be the only person who hasn't read it, and in that case, why didn't you people tell me about it?! I'm trying to take it all in as I know when I'm finished, I'll be sad it's over. So...go read it!


Up next on my reading list is "Something Borrowed" followed by "Something Blue". I've heard nothing but great things about these books either. Plus, I want to read "Something Borrowed" before we go see the movie! :) Happy reading friends!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I'll have to read The Help. If you haven't read, The Same Kind of Different as Me, you should. It is such a great book! :) Happy reading!

Melissa said...

You will LOVE Emily Giffin's books. I have all of her books so when you are done with these I'll lend you the others :) Now I need to read The Help!!

Sara said...

After you wrap these up, read The Glass Castle. BEST BOOK EVER.

Prince Edward said...

LOVE The Help! Glad you are enjoying it too. I thought Something Borrowed was okay, but Something Blue is better to me. I saw Something Borrowed this weekend at the movies and loved it! And The Help comes out at the movies in August.

happy reading!

Kristen OQ said...

and that comment was from me...not sure why it said I wasn't signed in. Oops!